Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

2 suggestions:
1) Add the ability to review photos and videos

This is important to me due to the fact that I already have to bounce between DJI go and Autopilot a lot as it is

2) voltage display on the OSD

OK, I would think there is a way to set multiple focus points and free fly the drone while pressing the camera trigger button to switch between focus points with the ability to adjust the camera behavior during switches.

Im hoping I'm just not seeing how to do it. That would be a seriously useful option for me

When will this be implemented?
Would help me seher if I did not always have to change the app.

#1885runaway62, Mar 24, 2017

There seems to be no one of Autofligth (hangar) active in this forum !?

What's going on with Hangar?

There seems to be no one of Autofligth (hangar) active in this forum !?
We are active (see post count?).

What's going on with Hangar?
Many things are under development at Hangar. Developing quality products takes time.

Which specific feature are you referring to?

In other news. Here is a sneak peak of what is coming in 4.0 - a DJI Go inspired Flight Dashboard. Don't worry, we will include an option to get back to the classic look.

IMG_0957.jpg IMG_0958.jpg IMG_0959.jpg

Not sure this is the best place to ask advice on this, but I would like to use Autopilot to execute a nice smooth climb out on my P4P from around 20m to 120m whilst rotating 90°. I've tried using Cruise mode but unsuccessfully. So before messing around any more I thought to ask first.
Thanks.

I've just connected my Inspire 2 with Autopilot for the first time and it looks good with the GO style flight dashboard. Is there a way to lock exposure settings while Autopilot is engaged?

Since posting this, I see that C1 will lock exposure, just as I have configured it in the GO 4 app. However, I don't see any indication that AE is locked or unlocked in Autopilot, which would be very useful while in the air.

Last edited:
Are there any plans to include Zebra pattern in Autopilot? I think this feature and, possibly, focus peaking are essential and would mean we could use the new Go App style interface with confidence when setting exposure.

Are there any plans to include Zebra pattern in Autopilot? I think this feature and, possibly, focus peaking are essential and would mean we could use the new Go App style interface with confidence when setting exposure.
That feature has been on the list for a very long time, but it is fairly low priority. Features such as the recently released Waypoint Mapping Mission Format are always higher on the list because there is no alternative in DJI GO. This is also why camera settings were not available in Autopilot for many years when the app was first released. It always comes down to limited development resources, and making trade-offs on spending time re-implementing features that are already in DJI GO (and thus there is a work-around) or innovating on new features. Most of the time the latter wins out.

Thanks. Please can you tell me if Autopilot will work correctly if DJI GO is open? This would at least make it possible to monitor and adjust exposure settings in GO while running or pausing an Autopilot mission. If you have to close down AP before opening GO, the exposure may have changed before reopening AP.

Thanks. Please can you tell me if Autopilot will work correctly if DJI GO is open? This would at least make it possible to monitor and adjust exposure settings in GO while running or pausing an Autopilot mission. If you have to close down AP before opening GO, the exposure may have changed before reopening AP.
No - NEVER have AP (or any 3rd party app) open and running at the same time as GJI GO/Go 4. There is a real chance of conflicts occuring and app/tablet hang-up with control of the aircraft being lost before the USB port is released.
Don't ever do it!

No - NEVER have AP (or any 3rd party app) open and running at the same time as GJI GO/Go 4. There is a real chance of conflicts occuring and app/tablet hang-up with control of the aircraft being lost before the USB port is released.
Don't ever do it!

I have made hundreds flight last month with MME and Autopilot, some notice:
-Camera MF with 3rd app changes if your do not have open at start point DJI GO app
- You wait lot of time waiting real connection between MME/3rd and drone, if you don't have open DJI GO app

But I wondering why e.g.. MME have to have online connection with drone, before you you plan your flight's. If you do not have real connection, it use some weird default and these settings is not true with real life. If it give's possible to plan task's in office, it is very useful and time sparing features, but not at the moment..overlaps, camera setting's etc. is different. all these change flight time and endurance time at all.

I have made hundreds flight last month with MME and Autopilot, some notice:
-Camera MF with 3rd app changes if your do not have open at start point DJI GO app
- You wait lot of time waiting real connection between MME/3rd and drone, if you don't have open DJI GO app

But I wondering why e.g.. MME have to have online connection with drone, before you you plan your flight's. If you do not have real connection, it use some weird default and these settings is not true with real life. If it give's possible to plan task's in office, it is very useful and time sparing features, but not at the moment..overlaps, camera setting's etc. is different. all these change flight time and endurance time at all.
It's your UAV/Inspire so you are free to do what you like with it.
However, I will repeat ...... You do not ever want to fly with two apps open simultaneously. It can and will give undesired results and at some point cause issues.
It maybe your first flight of the day, or it may be your 150th flight of the month. Why risk it.
Aviation is all about mitigating and reducing risk. By flying with two apps open you are increasing the risk factor many times.

It's your UAV/Inspire so you are free to do what you like with it.
However, I will repeat ...... You do not ever want to fly with two apps open simultaneously. It can and will give undesired results and at some point cause issues.
It maybe your first flight of the day, or it may be your 150th flight of the month. Why risk it.
Aviation is all about mitigating and reducing risk. By flying with two apps open you are increasing the risk factor many times.

Sorry The Editor, I forget mension that AFTER these checks, of course I also close DJI GO with sweep of my iPad. ;-)

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44