Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

My guess is that the very reason DJI wont put this on their web site and is making Auto Flight Logic post it themselves is because they wont support it. I would also guess that it wont void your warranty but if you crash with it i would guess that you wont get warranty for that crash.
support in germany is cool. i will ask them... they should know... :) will report back what i got.
thanks for the answer :)
cheers
m

I feel bad for AutoPilot-- lol Let me try to clear this up.
To use AutoPilot you MUST update your firmware.
The firmware is the same you have now but they have added the ability to beta test software like AutoPilot.
I am on the beta team and I have no worries at all about downloading because I have complete confidence that the people who have made AutoPilot have clearly put the beta firmware through its paces and if there is anything to keep and eye out for or worry about they would've told us. The last thing they could possibly want is for any Inspire to crash.So, please just use common sense and exhale.

I hope that helps a little bit!
Okay, I understand and not worried about doing so, just would like to know if DJI is going to have an official firmware release before we start testing AutoPilot. Either way it is going to be fun to get this moving forward.... something that all of us have been waiting for!

Rich

I hope I helped a little to explain it. I can't imagine how frustrating this entire thing must be for the team at AutoPilot. Hang in there and I'm sure it will be well worth it.

Reactions: Ascender
support in germany is cool. i will ask them... they should know... :) will report back what i got.
thanks for the answer :)
cheers
m
i had a chat on the phone with dji support in germany. they will check for me about warranty issues in case i have to send it in and updated the fw to not stand there them saying sorry but you modified your i1 and warranty is not valid for this error... so i am waiting for feedback from them.
m

Reactions: pahl
Any heads up to when an android version will be out.
The Android version is under development but we don't have a clear idea on a release date yet. There are more issues with the SDK on the Android side than on the iOS side, so it may be delayed.

Reactions: mdomeny
The Android version is under development but we don't have a clear idea on a release date yet. There are more issues with the SDK on the Android side than on the iOS side, so it may be delayed.
i find that the work and effort you put into this is great and would like to thank you and say to keep it up and hang in there. as a user i am eagerly waiting for something to happen finally on dji side to aprove you on the mfi and that apple will do a quick node and your app will be availabe for beta and testing and flying and feedback and so on... i am still stuck with my landing gear not working... :(

Thanks for the support!

The beta is still waiting for Apple/DJI MFi approval.

Thank you. I'm happy to update my Inspire firmware and beta test your app, do you need my email for a link or anything when you release, or is there a sign up page?

EDITED: just saw the post on page 1 of the thread, email sent.

Last edited:
Thanks for the support!
The support is selfunderstandable :)

@autoflightlogic
can you say or do you know if when updated to the fw provided by dji but through you if the warranty will still be active. i am asking because support did not know of this and when still having to send in my bird i don't want to get confronted with them saying i altered or changed something and guaratee is void... i am still waiting for feedback from them. so i will keep you all updated on what they said. i am aware that the fw IS from dji and it adresses the sdk problem mainly. my hope would be that it fixes my landing gear problem...
does anyone have a tutorial on how to get to the landing gear servo?
cheers
Martin

I don't think this firmware is the same firmware that DJI have out on their beta testing team. I signed up with DJI but was not chosen to be tester this time. With all the NDA and all the secrecy why should they give Autoflightlogic and Dronedeploy copies of their top secret baby to freely distribute to their respective beta testers for their own apps. I think that this firmware is possibly just the same as what we are all using plus the SDK code tacked on. I think we will find when the DJI beta emerges it will be a different beast.

Anyone think my logic is flawed? Or any other thoughts.? I'm coming round to thinking more about giving this a go...maybe. I'm also on the Dronedeploy beta.

Reactions: alan brooks
I don't think this firmware is the same firmware that DJI have out on their beta testing team. I signed up with DJI but was not chosen to be tester this time. With all the NDA and all the secrecy why should they give Autoflightlogic and Dronedeploy copies of their top secret baby to freely distribute to their respective beta testers for their own apps. I think that this firmware is possibly just the same as what we are all using plus the SDK code tacked on. I think we will find when the DJI beta emerges it will be a different beast.

Anyone think my logic is flawed? Or any other thoughts.? I'm coming round to thinking more about giving this a go...maybe. I'm also on the Dronedeploy beta.

No idea, but apparently I'll find out soon....

Reactions: IrishSights

You are more than likely correct, But I would still gladly participate in either beta if I get chosen. I just want POI and way-points more than ANYTHING....

I think it will be the same FW hence the delay with DJI beta and Auto Pilot beta. I believe they are trying to sync them both.
I am beta testing both so I hope I'm right, if they come out the same time and they're not the same, it could cause some problems for me and anyone else who is testing both.
Guess we'll have to sit and wait.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adidasCampusShoes