Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

No it would be just as useless as there is no I1 firmware released to support it.

That's my take on it, for me DJI simply want to finish their own beta and have the next firmware released officially before anyone from the general public starts to poke at it, and it makes perfect sense.
Well, I suppose Dronedeploy.com are different then, they have the dji SDK FW_V01.02.02.09.bin firmware available for download and install in order for us to beta test their Android app...and it works.

Reactions: Maurice
I'm pretty sure they'd be violating their own NDA with DJI by doing that and compromising their own opportunity to use the SDK in the future... There's a reason why users must agree to a load of conditions from DJI to be part of I1 firmware beta testing, if they could "get around that" when testing a 3rd party app something would be wrong.

Or that firmware is somehow "final" but not mass-distributed to people who don't really need it because of no other meaningful change, who knows.

I'm pretty sure they'd be violating their own NDA with DJI by doing that and compromising their own opportunity to use the SDK in the future... There's a reason why users must agree to a load of conditions from DJI to be part of I1 firmware beta testing, if they could "get around that" when testing a 3rd party app something would be wrong.

Or that firmware is somehow "final" but not mass-distributed to people who don't really need it because of no other meaningful change, who knows.
I think there are other things going on here. A company of Dronedeploys standing is not going to risk breaking an NDA. I personally think it is a branch of the current public firmware with the added SDK hooks. Any other SDK devs out there care to chime in? I'm just curious.

Autoflightlogic also have an SDK of the firmware available in a dropbox with DJI permission. See post #186. So I don't think there is any breach of an NDA.

Anyway, time to fly before the rain sets in...

Autoflightlogic also have an SDK of the firmware available in a dropbox with DJI permission. See post #186. So I don't think there is any breach of an NDA.

Anyway, time to fly before the rain sets in...

It may have been posted one another thread but there may be two firmware updates being discussed. Most recently there was an SDK firmware release (appears to have the same functionality as latest DJI General Release firmware) that allowed the SDK APIs to work. A couple of Android developers (DroneDeploy, Litchi, etc.) have Beta software enabled and working (or at least being tested).

DJI is working on their next firmware release and speculation (since their is an NDA) is that this new version may support GroundStation functions (i.e. waypoints, etc.). Typically DJI has been releasing IOS enhancements before Andriod...it may be coincidence but Autoflightlogic is the only Beta software on IOS (that I know). Is there a possibility DJI might be dragging their feet on getting things cleared up with Apple because they want to close the gap before Autoflightlogic can go public?

Anyone have any thoughts??

It may have been posted one another thread but there may be two firmware updates being discussed. Most recently there was an SDK firmware release (appears to have the same functionality as latest DJI General Release firmware) that allowed the SDK APIs to work. A couple of Android developers (DroneDeploy, Litchi, etc.) have Beta software enabled and working (or at least being tested).

DJI is working on their next firmware release and speculation (since their is an NDA) is that this new version may support GroundStation functions (i.e. waypoints, etc.). Typically DJI has been releasing IOS enhancements before Andriod...it may be coincidence but Autoflightlogic is the only Beta software on IOS (that I know). Is there a possibility DJI might be dragging their feet on getting things cleared up with Apple because they want to close the gap before Autoflightlogic can go public?

Anyone have any thoughts??
As an Android man, I'm hoping you're right!

Read in a post from another developer in the same dilemma as autoflightlogic.
That DJI has met qualifications or has been approved to allow 3rd party developers into the mfi program. And Apple will be approving these apps for users to beta test in the next couple days.
I hope somebody can confirm this.
Hope to be able to test this app any day now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read in a post from another developer in the same dilemma as autoflightlogic.
That DJI has met qualifications or has been approved to allow 3rd party developers into the mfi program. And Apple will be approving these apps for users to beta test in the next couple days.
I hope somebody can confirm this.
Hope to be able to test this app any day now

Would you mind saying who the other developer is?

I just re-read the flight school manual. Once again, great documentation!
Couple questions:

If i was going to fly a golf course where most holes have a dog leg, is there some way to pre-program that?

On the inspire 1, can both pitch and yaw of the gimbal be controlled by the iOS device direction? For example can i point iOS device towards the ground to make it pitch down?

I think it was maps made easy or something close to that

Anymore news??
No (this is why we didn't want to post anything). Trust me, we will post the instant we know anything.

is there some way to pre-program that?
Not yet, this would be covered by Waypoint Mode, which is slated for a future release. You could, however, use hover and drag the Mark in real-time as the aircraft approaches the dog-leg.

On the inspire 1, can both pitch and yaw of the gimbal be controlled by the iOS device direction?
Yes, this is accomplished by selecting the Direction Focus Strategy:
http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/flightschool#mode-focus

To be clear, while Focus Mode offers just the Focus controls, all the other Modes extend Focus by allowing all the same Focus controls to be selected in addition to the Mode specific controls.

hang in there guys... by the time dji and apple are done you might have a whole bunch of features done already and only have to worry about bug fixes... lol...
your app seems to be (from what i have read until now) the most serious put together app yet... and you seem to be the only one that is interested in your costumer base asking and giving feedback and info. like i said you got me as a costumer :D

Reactions: CaptainBadge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope