Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Definitely considered it. Would you want to specify it in average separation distance, or just a fixed count?

If you long press anywhere on the map, you have given the option to move the Waypoint reference, at which point it will prompt you if you want to move all the waypoints relative to the new location or not.
Re: Path Pencil number of waypoints. I would like to specify it in number of Wapoints.

Re: Waypoint Reference position. The long press > Waypoint - Reference option moves all the waypoints along with the reference. I am talking about changing location of the Waypoint reference in relation to the path.

Btw, I appreciate all your hard work. I do. I just was a kid that didn't get the present he wanted when Christmas came. Il get over it. Thanks again for making an almost great app. ;)

I would also like the option to have a different result on signal loss with waypoints. In fact, one of the reasons I have used waypoints in the past (Phantom 2 + with ground station) was to get me the places that were out of range or temporary obstructions. This is a very valid use case. The last thing I want to happen at loss of signal is the strand the bird out beyond reach. I use another program currently to do this but I would rather have a very thing in one great program and I believe yours is the best other than this very important flaw. I wish you would reconsider.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The long press > Waypoint - Reference option moves all the waypoints along with the reference.
It should open a prompt asking if you want to move the waypoints with it or not. Answer no.

Btw, I appreciate all your hard work. I do. I just was a kid that didn't get the present he wanted when Christmas came. Il get over it. Thanks again for making an almost great app. ;)
Thanks!

I believe yours is the best other than this very important flaw. I wish you would reconsider.
The reason why ours is the best for what it offers is precisely why it cannot be allowed - the reason being that we use our own flight controller, which is running on the phone. That means that all the flight control commands must be calculated in real-time on the phone, and sent to the aircraft. Since the aircraft is not running the code, by definition it cannot continue to execute the mission because it has no "knowledge" of the mission - it is just receiving pitch/roll/yaw commands from the app.

It isn't a question of it being a flaw or a reconsideration, its a technology limitation and a decision that was made with a negligible trade-off (for the majority of what our users want to do with Waypoint Mode) for a huge upside in features that we can offer that no one else has.

Again, that isn't to say that down the line we won't implement some other Mode that uses the DJI SDK implementation (and thus only offers a very small subset of the functionality that our current Waypoint Mode offers), but that isn't happening for this release, and that isn't the problem that Waypoint Mode is solving.

A question about log files to Healthydrones.

In setting you can upload automatetly thru celluar, does that mean it dosen't update automatect thru network
(Don't have celluar on my ipad, but connect to network when getting home)
Thanks

It will update the healthy drones data as soon as it has network connection. If you enable cellular, it will update then. IF you don't have cellular on your iPad, it should update via connection when you get home (may have to make sure the app is active).

Another Waypoint demo, this time a long-sequence video over a golf course with 32 Waypoints and 26 Focus Triggers. To see the flight plan that was used to create this video, open this link on an iOS device with Autopilot installed:
autopilot://flightplan/jKrVXSGy6w

Last edited:
Reactions: skyscope
Would you guys be interested in allowing anyone to create flight plans on our website which would then be available as "gigs" for any Autopilot user to execute? You as the user would just download the flight plan, go to the location, and execute it, sending the footage back to the original requester. The gigs could be free or paid.

Would you guys be interested in allowing anyone to create flight plans on our website which would then be available as "gigs" for any Autopilot user to execute? You as the user would just download the flight plan, go to the location, and execute it, sending the footage back to the original requester. The gigs could be free or paid.

Creating a place to share flight paths I think is a great idea. Optionally making that a matchmaking job site is an interesting idea. I say do it.

I would go a bit further and suggest that at some point being able to view and create flight plans via the web / desktop environment (with Google maps in a browser) that you could then fly or share or solicit pilots for would be awesome.

Creating flight plans I think might be a lot easier and faster with a desktop browser than finger and device ultimately but both would be ideal.

Do you mind me asking how many people are involved in the development of the Autopilot app by Autoflight Logic?
It is impressive the rate at which you are adding features and improving this app! I am so pleased with my purchase of Autopilot. Keep up the great work.

+1 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mind me asking how many people are involved in the development of the Autopilot app by Autoflight Logic?
It is impressive the rate at which you are adding features and improving this app! I am so pleased with my purchase of Autopilot. Keep up the great work.
What is your guess?

@autoflightlogic
Is the healthy drones auto upload fully functional? I can't seem to get my logs to upload from my iPad mini4. Token had been verified. Flew several flights yesterday and they did not register on the site after I got on wifi with the autopilot app build 61 open

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onaldUnino