Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Geofencing Unlocking, anyone?

The Go App update which was released yesterday brings this into effect. The Map now shows you all the NFZ and if you are running the Beta 1.7 firmware you can unlock an area to fly in. If you are just running the current 1.6 firmware you cannot request an unlock and will not be able to fly in the particular area. So this is totally relevant to anyone who has updated their GO App.

The Go App update which was released yesterday brings this into effect. The Map now shows you all the NFZ and if you are running the Beta 1.7 firmware you can unlock an area to fly in. If you are just running the current 1.6 firmware you cannot request an unlock and will not be able to fly in the particular area. So this is totally relevant to anyone who has updated their GO App.
Yes - its a fiasco and the beta should not be on there.
As this is currently not a public release I shall not be answering any questions or problems with it.
Caveat Emptor.

I would just advise if you have upgraded the Go App the try and find your old apk file and downgrade back to previous version. or put your Inspire firmware back to 1.5

Hi
I have been talking to Flysafe at DJI since last year, I sent them all my paperwork, insurance permissions from CAA and my pilots license licence.

So they DJI GO-unLimit but it still don't fly and I have a job next week by Birmingham Airport I spoke to them this week and they sent me a link to download beta version that any works on Android??? I don't won't to have to buy a tablet.....

If I go in to my Go-unLimit app and General Setting the is a UnLimit Area menu if I go into that there is a mc_unlimit_switch_title SWICH but its greyed out???

Can you give me any advice??

I don't believe the functionality is live (released) yet, so if there's a way it's not here that you'll learn about it...

Hi
I have been talking to Flysafe at DJI since last year, I sent them all my paperwork, insurance permissions from CAA and my pilots license licence.

So they DJI GO-unLimit but it still don't fly and I have a job next week by Birmingham Airport I spoke to them this week and they sent me a link to download beta version that any works on Android??? I don't won't to have to buy a tablet.....

If I go in to my Go-unLimit app and General Setting the is a UnLimit Area menu if I go into that there is a mc_unlimit_switch_title SWICH but its greyed out???

Can you give me any advice??
This is the same post verbatim that you asked me via PM which I answered.
If you are part of the beta team you will know the route to take via Centrecode'

Hi
I don't know if you can help, I'm having a nightmare with geofence unlocking and IOS. Is my only option at the moment to by an android tablet and ditch my iPad?
Thank you
Very sorry but as I mentioned previously I do not offer help for public beta releases - it causes more problems than it solves and IMO should never have been unleashed on the public.
Round two of closed beta has now come to an end and there are STILL problems with it which is why it has not been publicly released.

Someone on the forum may wish to chime in......

Very sorry but as I mentioned previously I do not offer help for public beta releases - it causes more problems than it solves and IMO should never have been unleashed on the public.
Round two of closed beta has now come to an end and there are STILL problems with it which is why it has not been publicly released.

Someone on the forum may wish to chime in......

Thank you, anyone else got an idea?

Just curious, But I am unable to email Centercode by means of the Beta email nor am I able to email directly to flysafe. Is there a new email or contact I am unaware of? Thank you
No - Centrecode is for closed beta use only I'm afraid.

I was part of the testing and had to stop flying for a few months. Now I am back up and still able to unlock and fly anywhere using the IOS app of unlimited, The only thing is I wanted to see if they had the android app yet.

I was part of the testing and had to stop flying for a few months. Now I am back up and still able to unlock and fly anywhere using the IOS app of unlimited, The only thing is I wanted to see if they had the android app yet.
The Android app was the only one that was originally publically beta released!
I assume you have access to TestFlight then.

Honestly I am not sure. I can check tho but it does not ring a bell for me. I love my set up and use it often for work ( Law Enforcement) and it works very well for what we need. I just prefer the android system. I was not aware that the unlimited app was released to the public on android? ? ? that blows my mind. All the hoops I had to jump threw and show proof of pilots license and everything to get into the program yet they just let anybody on android have it? Man I am totally out of the loop.

this is what i done previously ...

the email from dji

If your region is not covered yet, or you are authorized to fly in the red zones, please reply to this email with all materials and info attached. (SupportPhantom 3 series,P4, Inspire 1 and M100)

1.The organization must provide a written statement that they are legally allowed to fly in their intended area.
2.The ID of the person signing the document must be provided
3.The attached disclaimer must be signed
4.The attached NDA must be signed

after summit everything
the attacth the hex files for ur aircraft for upgrade.. also
download the djiunlimit from the email link...

and within 3 working days it shall work... it still in beta..
i only notice there is no Digital zoom funtions if using DJI GO unlimit

:D

this is what i done previously ...

the email from dji

If your region is not covered yet, or you are authorized to fly in the red zones, please reply to this email with all materials and info attached. (SupportPhantom 3 series,P4, Inspire 1 and M100)

1.The organization must provide a written statement that they are legally allowed to fly in their intended area.
2.The ID of the person signing the document must be provided
3.The attached disclaimer must be signed
4.The attached NDA must be signed

after summit everything
the attacth the hex files for ur aircraft for upgrade.. also
download the djiunlimit from the email link...

and within 3 working days it shall work... it still in beta..
i only notice there is no Digital zoom funtions if using DJI GO unlimit

:D
This was used before Geo 'beta' launched and was a tempory measure to provide unlocking of aircraft on an ad-hoc manual basis back in September last year.
I have not heard of one instance where DJI provided the necessary unlock authorisation and in many cases they never replied to emails at all.
Geo has now superceded this 'service' and therefore any NFZ should be actioned through the public beta facility (even though there are still issues with it so it is at your own risk)

Thanks :) but for some aeras still required to do manually... my be i am luckly.. they always reply my email within 12 hours ...

Thanks :) but for some aeras still required to do manually... my be i am luckly.. they always reply my email within 12 hours ...
I think if you live in an area that is totally not covered (yet) by Geo you may be right since it is the only way currently to unlock.
If a user wants a NFZ unlocked that appears within the Geo maps then Geo must be used. :)

Reactions: fei8820

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc