Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 preorder up on DJI site

I think it's a sweet looking machine for starters, I'm not a fan of the I1's white.I definitely like all the attributes and the bells and whistles.

The increased speed is a must need, I tend to film a great deal of extreme athletes, including myself and the V2 should be able to keep up.

I would of liked it to be backwards compatible and that has really pushed me way for the most part.I'm never the first to jump on the band wagon, so I'll wait and see what the outcome is in a few months or so..

Osh

Somebody at the DJI event mentioned he was told the I2 has Tripod mode similar to Mavic along with some other functions not mentioned in the presentation. Hope he's right.

I'm considering that same configuration although I don't see it being available right now. Is that correct?
It is available but you need to choose the aircraft (not premium combo) and then add the x5s to it and don't select the raw keys.

It is available but you need to choose the aircraft (not premium combo) and then add the x5s to it and don't select the raw keys.
Got it (thanks). Of course now they make you wait until January (at least) if you don't buy all the bells and whistles. :(

Got it (thanks). Of course now they make you wait until January (at least) if you don't buy all the bells and whistles. :(
Yeah but it doesn't matter to me that much, I got my p3 pro to use in the meantime and have fun with and then I got something to look forward to :)

My instinctive reaction to the announcements of the Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro are that given I have an Inspire 1 Pro, 2 X5 cameras (which are incompatible withe the Inspire 2) and not "needing" the alleged superlative video quality of RAW or ProRes, it would seem to make sense replacing my P3P with the P4P rather than sticking with the Inspire upgrade (which I think is fantastic by the way). I don't see myself being hired to provide the aerial footage of series 3 Poldark (more's the pity), so shall consider a more modest upgrade!
Lenses are the only thing I can see that we may salvage from our Inspire 1 package. And we now have a really good spare. A rather pricey spare Imight add, since ours is only 2 months old. Love it when we purchase at the end of the life cycle.

Also, will the new batteries fit the smartpower chargers and the new DJI Hex Charger?I'm still very new to drone inspired world and I thought I was getting the I1 dialed in.

Now there's an I2 version out, that isn't even backwards compatible, it's going to be a real mess.I'll be forced to sell my I1 eventually, I really don't want tons of parts only proprietary to one drone and charger.

I thought it was cool that the chargers could charge two or three different types of Dji drone batteries..

Osh

Last edited:
Also, will the new batteries fit the smartpower chargers and the new DJI Hex Charger?I'm still very new to drone inspired world and I thought I was getting the I1 dialed in.

Now there's an I2 version out, that isn't even backwards compatible, it's going to be a real mess.I'll be forced to sell my I1 eventually, I really don't want tons of parts only proprietary to one drone and charger.

I thought it was cool that the chargers could charge two or three different types of Dji drone batteries..

Osh

No, completely new battery design and connection.

DJI have a new Multi charger coming for it.

Superb looking device and not unexpected features. Will be a while before I upgrade, but I love the top infrared device, extra battery life with built in warmer as well as new intelligent flight modes. I also think the giimbal mount is a lot simpler and faster to use compared to the X5R or X5 today. Well done DJI.

I totally agree. But there is also another thing. The Inspire 2 is still a quad so suffers from single points of failure eg ESCs or motor going down. I am sure flights over congested areas and urban environments will only be permitted in the future for there to be further redundancy.
It has backup ESC's according to the spec. So there is some redundancy there.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Nobody has mentioned the smart RTH feature!
This means (if enabled) the aircraft will RTH along the same path it took getting there (but still keeping obstacle avoidance active just in case). Can be overridden once control signal regained or you want to detect to straight line flight - pretty cool!

It has backup ESC's according to the spec. So there is some redundancy there.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

It's duel communication not ESCs so if it looses pwm it can continue to communicate over the serial link it uses for feedback

Nobody has mentioned the smart RTH feature!
This means (if enabled) the aircraft will RTH along the same path it took getting there (but still keeping obstacle avoidance active just in case). Can be overridden once control signal regained or you want to detect to straight line flight - pretty cool!

Yea it's the little things that keep getting me

There are a number of them that are very interesting that people have missed like the global shutter fpv , new precise gimbal and new modest new controls ect

b8c46887e0ff657af74683e1a8c515b2.jpg

422243d71a9e4728659f3224ee381c50.jpg
081186458ee549248349130b02c030a3.jpg
86ee1e48ae84af3f187a61064f21c530.jpg
103918499da04b91f83be0f18583dda8.jpg
2c9a7f51bfdc37b236d3d8740458c368.jpg
13b78dbfbfca7f5fadeacbd4fa6ca79d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I think the feature that people are going to find the most useful is the dual-cameras. I always felt it was a major omission with the I1.

I won't be buying though. None of the new features really apply to me and I don't need ProRes or RAW 4k. The I1 and X5 are perfect for my use-case.

I think the feature that people are going to find the most useful is the dual-cameras. I always felt it was a major omission with the I1.

I won't be buying though. None of the new features really apply to me and I don't need ProRes or RAW 4k. The I1 and X5 are perfect for my use-case.
I think you have summed up my take on matters! I am, however, seriously interested in the P4P which has many of the new bells and whistles of Inspire 2 plus a manual aperture which was one of the main reasons I bought an I1 Pro plus X5 anyway! 20 MP is no slouch either and with 100 mb bitrate, I think I'm done.

Reactions: 2nd2non
It looks an amazing machine. Though the resale value of the I1 just fell through the floor with the capabilities of the Phantom 4 Pro as well. My main issue with the I1 has always been the recording bitrate. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why they couldn't make an X3S for the existing line with H264 @ 100Mb/s. Such a camera wouldn't impede on the I2 or P4Pro because it wouldn't have H265e etc. But as an add on there is no reason why they can't do it at all. But of course I know they won't do that now.

Regarding I2 features, it is good to see redundancy in the ESC control. Prores is much, much needed since Raw is overkill for the majority of applications. And the 30 odd minute flight time means it isn't such a nerve wracking affair wondering if you will have time to get a shot or not. It does look rather impressive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu