Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire customization thread

go to local car painter/shop for spray qualified for cars!
take all parts apart
do a wet sandig with a very fine sandpaper
spray in 3 or 4 or (whatever its needs) times with a wait/dry moment of 15 min. (do not try to paint in once, alway in 3 or 4 layers)
let it dry for 30 min. and assambly everthing back and go fly

How are you guys putting the screws back on? The screws are constantly ripping the plastidip right off when I put them back on.

So i bought the extra covers to paint, i have limited access to painting stuffs, so will only be using spray cans.

just have some questions, is primers a must? and those who painted the battery,how did you deal with the button and light?

As some of you may know, I started a head tracking thread but hit a wall with the tx/rx for the headtracking receiver. I was told I cant put another spektrum 2.4ghz rx on the inspire as it will mess with the built in signal. I dont understand how people all fly at the flying park with 2.4ghz then. My original plan was to plug the headtracking dominator hd's into the dx8, and have the dx8 transmit the headtracking signal to the small receiver onboard the inspire. I was told it would not work, so in the process of problem solving that I took the headtracking rig apart and mounted it stationary to the front. For now i'm flying this way. I keep the Dom hd's around my neck and put them on when I go slightly beyond line of sight. I think its absolutely crucial for the pilot to have access to the maps in the pilot app. This is what turned me off of DSLR pros inspire 1 upgrade package. 7" fpv monitors are useless in the sun where I live, I've tried them. ( and you cant use maps this way ) Now I just need to find a slightly larger FOV lens for the 600tvl camera. The headtracking assembly comes with a 94 (3.6mm) degree FOV camera. I'd prefer something around 120 FOV (2.8mm I think) degrees for a fixed camera, but none of the lenses are IR blocked beyond 100 degree FOV

Everything is fully removable. The camera wire was run in a way that I dont need to remove the camera, just the battery/vtx on the back. Still fits in the inspire case with the second camera20150601_104655.jpg 20150601_104347.jpg

Last edited:
well since I can't fly I can play around a little bit ;)
View attachment 437 View attachment 438

How did you get the green LED's on the sides of the battery? And how are they powered? I'm in the process of painting mine Blaze Orange as we speak, probably going to go to napa and get some of the carbon fiber vinyl wrap for the two bottom white pieces. Either way, I fly this up in Alaska for work doing conservation research, etc so I have to use line of sight so making it stand out as much as humanly possible is important. Between the blaze orange, if I can get some leds on the drone, even along the carbon fiber arms that would be great. Just need some guidance on how to place them and more importantly, how to power them. Thanks, Hunter

I bought a cheap LED desk lamp. 5 bucks.
Took out the LED disk and attached a 12V battery to it that also powers the Fatshark Tx and Sony TVL.
The 12V battery came with a whole bunch of different leads and connectors, hence the cable stroll around the battery. It's all 'organised' with Velcro.2015-06-02 13.31.24.jpg 2015-06-02 13.32.38.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-06-02 13.33.04.jpg
    2015-06-02 13.33.04.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: RDTech

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manashiroy