Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New firmware update v1.10.1.40. 2 for Inspire 1

also i noticed theu change the movements of the camera calibration ''dance''....

Overview: 1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.10.1.40. 2.
DJI GO app iOS version updated to v3.1.1. 3. DJI GO app Android version updated to v3.1.1.

What’s New:
1. Optimized Flight Restriction Zone management by deleting flight restrictions for some abandoned airports.
2. Slowed motor stopping time to three seconds during flight.

Notes:
 Aircraft version v1.10.1.40 and camera version v1.10.1.40 should be displayed in DJI GO. The version will only display correctly in DJI GO after connecting to the Internet when upgrade is complete.  The firmware can only be downgraded to v1.9.1.30 or later.

I'm still running 1.08.xx, and honestly love it. It's rock solid and until I feel the need or see something other than NFZ modifications, I'm going to stick to it.

Tell me about #2 on your list. "...during flight???" I had my Phantoms set up so I could shut the motors down during flight for faster descent. This was done with a combination of software adjustment and using a Futaba controller instead of the OEM controller. This seemed like a good idea and, for the most part, actually worked! But then I learned a little more about the physics of a free-falling quad copter and decided to push that strategy to the side. But I digress.... Explain this 3 second delay. I can tell this; For MANY reasons I want the motors shutting down ASAP. 3 seconds would seem like an eternity.

On my Inspire 1, v2, It is presently not possible to shut the motors down during flight. You're sentence suggests that the motors can now be shut down *during* flight? Please clarify. Thanx!

I won´t touch it... still on 1.4 and 2.4 iOS GO app... not a chance in hell I will upgrade... flies like a bee and if it broke don´t fix it... I surely won´t. :D LOL
cheers

I agree with your philosophy completely. However, beware that a few bugs were fixed in subsequent versions (check release notes on the DJI website). The last major bug fixes were written into 1.08.30, which is the version I run (1.6 on the controller). Some of these bug fixes had to do with batteries going into "refresh mode" mid flight. So far, after 150 flights, v1.08.30 has been rock solid, and I have no intentions of going beyond this firmware version.

The caveat is that 1.08.30 introduced No Fly Zones, which is only for Class B and C airports. v1.09.xx induced a whole bunch of NFZ's with no other improvements.

I'm still running 1.08.xx, and honestly love it. It's rock solid and until I feel the need or see something other than NFZ modifications, I'm going to stick to it.

Tell me about #2 on your list. "...during flight???" I had my Phantoms set up so I could shut the motors down during flight for faster descent. This was done with a combination of software adjustment and using a Futaba controller instead of the OEM controller. This seemed like a good idea and, for the most part, actually worked! But then I learned a little more about the physics of a free-falling quad copter and decided to push that strategy to the side. But I digress.... Explain this 3 second delay. I can tell this; For MANY reasons I want the motors shutting down ASAP. 3 seconds would seem like an eternity.

On my Inspire 1, v2, It is presently not possible to shut the motors down during flight. You're sentence suggests that the motors can now be shut down *during* flight? Please clarify. Thanx!
CSC is an action perfomed during an emergency..
Said that it shuts off motors mid air first to prevent damages and injuries to personnel , second in case of a mulfunction or a fly way to prevent it....
By all means is not made up to get your bird faster down ...

Reactions: Donnie Frank
thanks for the update about the update.
Motor stopping time of 3 seconds in flight, do they mean after a CSC?
I just hope that when that moment comes I remember to keep the sticks in CSC for 3 seconds

In 3 seconds a lot can happen. I don't like this. If I need to shut down instantly in an emergency, what then?
And all that because some morons stirred their sticks like they were mixing two martinis at the same time, while flying beyond LOS and got a video drop out?

Hello All,

Just installed a New X5R today on my Inspire 1 Pro, Updated the Firmware to 1.10.40 and after four flights and a 1 last flight I took off to 28 feet and a message motor over load then the four propellers stopped midair .
Inspire fell to the ground with severe damage to my New X5R gimbal and Inspire 1 frame and motors.

Never had a problem and maybe 10 flight total, Battery was freshly charged.

Maybe updating the Firmware was a bad choice!!

and after four flights and a 1 last flight I took off to 28 feet and a message motor over load then the four propellers stopped midair

The motor overloaded message happens when the aircraft thinks there is an obstruction in a motor or the bearings are wearing out and there's a lot of resistance. I'm confident that the motors do not turn off when you receive a motor overload message. The motors will limit their output but they do not shut down. I suspect something else resulted in your crash.

The Inspire 1 was purchased as a Pro, I updated a new X5 Raw camera today and updated the Firmware. Post Crash inspection " No Binding of any Motor" I only had a total of 14 flight including today.
If there is a way to upload my flight data shows it very clear !!

I am still shocked!!

Yeah, tell me about it!!! I really believe it was a firmware issue!! I hadn't used the drone for about a month.
Installed new firmware RC and the Aircraft to version 10.10.04 . I checked the flight log " Max throttle was 49% and battery was 91 %" with not CSC command .
Never had and kind of error prior to installing the new firmware.

Batteries were fleshly charged prior to flight .

Are you consulting Dji about this?
I recently just purchased an Inspire Pro and I work offshore in the middle of the ocean. If my bird did this I'd lose my Sh!t !!

**** I hope not, I upgraded a few days ago, done a few flights since with no probs, but having recently upgraded to the if I crash its game over for me.
Yeah, tell me about it!!! I really believe it was a firmware issue!! I hadn't used the drone for about a month.
Installed new firmware RC and the Aircraft to version 10.10.04 . I checked the flight log " Max throttle was 49% and battery was 91 %" with not CSC command .
Never had and kind of error prior to installing the new firmware.

Batteries were fleshly charged prior to flight .
As someone whose just upgraded his x5 pro to X5R and the new firmware that's quite scary to hear.
Its flying great for me atm but I only done 3 flights since the update. I just have to hope your situation was an exception and not really related to the firmware.

Yes I understand and the updates have been done. My question was just to confirm the update was successful by verifying the version number. It appears to have updated the RC to 1.7.60. DJI don't provide the version number of the update for the RC.

You can go back in the RC firmware if you choose.

I have done this several times. The craft just sits there and does nothing.
I had the same problem. I have an x5 and got the update from the download list for the camera. It was a slightly bigger file than what I found on the aircraft download list. It updated the aircraft and the camera.

Said that it shuts off motors mid air first to prevent damages and injuries to personnel , second in case of a mulfunction or a fly way to prevent it....

Thanx for the clarification. I'll point out that, whether intentional or not, @ CSC @ 400' AGL will definitely get your bird down faster.....<;^)

Reactions: staf

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Offet1989