Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New firmware update v1.10.1.40. 2 for Inspire 1

I searched this group specifically to troubleshoot why my Firmware Installation had Failed. I see from this thread that there is others who have experienced a similar problem but no solutions. My problem was updating to 01.10.01.40 which updates both the aircraft and camera. Repeated attempts failed. Re-formatted the micro SD and tried reverting to the previous version 01.09.01.30 but it reported that it was already installed which makes sense since the 01.40 failed. I found this document and followed it carefully Inspire 1-How to Update Firmware - DJI Wiki
Although I have a dedicated SD card for Firmware Updates and have used it before, it was in a FAT format. The instructions say FAT32 or exFAT. So why now it doesn't work where as previously it did. Anyway, card was formatted to FAT32 and copied Firmware file over, it worked first try.

Hope this helps anyone else that is struggling as much as I was.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReadyKilowatt
How can I get the old firmware 1.4 into my inspire 1 x5. I'm not happy with the way it drifts up and down and finds it hard to hold position in the wind. I remember this all started on the 1.8 firmware, so how can I go back to 1.4? Also what version should I revert my controller back to if I'm going back to 1.4 firmware. It these issues were addressed I would be very happy, what are dji playing at with a csc 3 second delay, is that all what's in this up date?

How can I get the old firmware 1.4 into my inspire 1 x5. I'm not happy with the way it drifts up and down and finds it hard to hold position in the wind. I remember this all started on the 1.8 firmware, so how can I go back to 1.4? Also what version should I revert my controller back to if I'm going back to 1.4 firmware. It these issues were addressed I would be very happy, what are dji playing at with a csc 3 second delay, is that all what's in this up date?

I've only been using the Insipre for seven months but upgrading to the 1.8 I noticed the same drifting and ups / downs. I installed 1.9 and this corrected this issue. I have yet to fly on 1.10.

i am guessing but you can't go down to 1.4 once been up that high... DJI is not a friend of back and forth firmware up and down grading...
from 1.4 you can not disconnect GPS and fly in NFZ az it will not let you lift or engage motors...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took a test flight in fairly windy conditions yesterday and noticed what others have been saying about the stability not being as solid as it used to be - not a huge change from v1.9, but not nearly as solid as I remember when it was new (maybe I'm spoiled by my Mavic's stability though).

All that being said I'm not sure my VPS module is even working anymore. It doesn't seem to have any effect whether its on or off, nor have I heard the clicks that I used to when my I1 was new. Has anyone ever heard of these going bad?

I still got the weird motor warning that seems to only occur with TB47s, so that issue hasn't been resolved. C2 link was solid and the expanded channel hack still works.

Took a test flight in fairly windy conditions yesterday and noticed what others have been saying about the stability not being as solid as it used to be - not a huge change from v1.9, but not nearly as solid as I remember when it was new (maybe I'm spoiled by my Mavic's stability though).

All that being said I'm not sure my VPS module is even working anymore. It doesn't seem to have any effect whether its on or off, nor have I heard the clicks that I used to when my I1 was new. Has anyone ever heard of these going bad?

I still got the weird motor warning that seems to only occur with TB47s, so that issue hasn't been resolved. C2 link was solid and the expanded channel hack still works.

I've noticed the same things as you. Had my Inspire out yesterday and she was not as stable as it use to be. I was always able to lift off and not worry about it drifting or loosing altitude but now I cant take my eyes off her while a few feet off ground in fear of loosing her. Seems DJI wants to force us into a new product by reducing the effectiveness of our current platform.

I searched this group specifically to troubleshoot why my Firmware Installation had Failed. I see from this thread that there is others who have experienced a similar problem but no solutions. My problem was updating to 01.10.01.40 which updates both the aircraft and camera. Repeated attempts failed. Re-formatted the micro SD and tried reverting to the previous version 01.09.01.30 but it reported that it was already installed which makes sense since the 01.40 failed. I found this document and followed it carefully Inspire 1-How to Update Firmware - DJI Wiki
Although I have a dedicated SD card for Firmware Updates and have used it before, it was in a FAT format. The instructions say FAT32 or exFAT. So why now it doesn't work where as previously it did. Anyway, card was formatted to FAT32 and copied Firmware file over, it worked first try.

When you say "FAT," it should automatically assumed "FAT32." Quick history lesson (going off memory, so my dates may be off, but you get the gist)...

Historically, the only other MS file tables developed by MS were FAT12 and FAT16. FAT16 hasn't been used in well over a decade (since Windows 2000 - first O.S. to be shipped with FAT32 natively). FAT32 first became available for Windows 95. That said...

Your only modern (MS) file allocation table options are FAT32, exFAT and NTFS.

The reason I bring this up is to avoid any confusion regarding "FAT" vs. "FAT32." In our modern world, they are one in the same. That said...

I'm still running firmware v1.08. If you check the release notes, the only changes in 1.09 and 1.1 have to do with NFZ's.

D

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Barnhart
When you say "FAT," it should automatically assumed "FAT32." Quick history lesson (going off memory, so my dates may be off, but you get the gist)...

Historically, the only other MS file tables developed by MS were FAT12 and FAT16. FAT16 hasn't been used in well over a decade (since Windows 2000 - first O.S. to be shipped with FAT32 natively). FAT32 first became available for Windows 95. That said...

Your only modern (MS) file allocation table options are FAT32, exFAT and NTFS.

The reason I bring this up is to avoid any confusion regarding "FAT" vs. "FAT32." In our modern world, they are one in the same. That said...

I'm still running firmware v1.08. If you check the release notes, the only changes in 1.09 and 1.1 have to do with NFZ's.

D
....and the barometer and VPS issues? You might be free of them but a lot of users had problems with 1.8XX. I had a couple of very strange things with 1.8. The latest of the 1.9 series is solid. 1.10 I'm not sure about and I don't like the delayed CSC.

Reactions: staf
....and the barometer and VPS issues? You might be free of them but a lot of users had problems with 1.8XX. I had a couple of very strange things with 1.8. The latest of the 1.9 series is solid. 1.10 I'm not sure about and I don't like the delayed CSC.

Firmware 1.09 doesn't address any bugs or other issues. All it does is expand the NFZ's. This is why I stayed with v1.08. So far I have flown 156 flights, 22 hours and 8 minutes, and a total of 765,148 ft. without a single issue. My bird has been solid as a rock. That said, the new, new firmware - v1.10 - again, updates NFZ's. I'm not sure who has been experiencing bug issues with v1.08, but my personal experience has been that it is rock solid on all fronts. I've yet to have so much as a hiccup. All behavior has been very predictable. That said...

I recently started using the Pix4D capture app for mapping gigs, and THAT has been buggy. But despite obvious bugs in the Pix4D software, the Inspire has flown rock solid. When Pix4D starts doing weird ****, I just throw her in ATTI or GPS mode, and the Inspire responds to my commands flawlessly.

I'm of the school, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." So until I see some kind of weird bird/controller/battery behavior, I'm sticking with what works....<:^)

D

DSC07643.JPG

THANK YOU! I just spent about 2.5 hours screwing around trying to upgrade the firmware. I tried with several different SD cards, formatting, using the supplied card, etc. Once I formatted in exFAT it worked like a charm.

Reactions: Videosystem

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william76931