Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware v1.3.0.00 Aug 4 2015

The release notes mention toggling the Flight Mode Switch to enter the IOC during the battery recal? I'm uninformed. Can someone elaborate?

I don't know. I toggled/slid the button to green on the app after the update as usual, and was flying in ATTI mode, no problems.

Reactions: RJ Evans
Now I am getting a message that my 2 extra batteries need to be upgraded. I thought this occurs when you insert a battery and fire up the craft, leaving the firmware on the card in the camera...the firmware is at the root level. My one battery was upgraded when the craft firmware was updated. This is frustrating...any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Now I am getting a message that my 2 extra batteries need to be upgraded. I thought this occurs when you insert a battery and fire up the craft, leaving the firmware on the card in the camera...the firmware is at the root level. My one battery was upgraded when the craft firmware was updated. This is frustrating...any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Is the controller on or off. Must be off for firmware update on battery.

All of mine updated when I installed them and power cycled the AC. .. Is the full discharge to 5% mandatory, or just recommended?

Bummer, have you tried reloading the FW onto a reformatted card?

The 5% is recommended, I would say highly recommended, from DJI's website;
"the internal charge indicator thresholds can become less accurate. Performing a full charge/discharge cycle can re-calibrate the charging parameters and extend the life of the battery."

Last edited:
Reactions: Highrpm955
Is the controller on or off. Must be off for firmware update on battery.

I double checked and the firmware was not on the disk...brain fart...battery is updating now. Looks like we should do a complete drain and recharge for the batteries as well?

Thanks for you help!

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
For those installing the new FW 1.3.0, you are advised that this changes the battery management algorithms which may lead to shorter battery flight times. You may also find that your battery life percentage also drops. There is a need to reset the battery to recalibrate its life.

To do this you need to carry out the following:

1. Charge battery to 100%.

2. Carry out a continuous discharge to 5% WITHOUT INTERRUPTION. This means hovering the aircraft just above the ground or on the ground with the throttle up and cancelling all RTH and low battery warnings.

3. Recharge the battery to 100%.

do you do this before or after the update, can i update without having to have full100% power on battery?

Reactions: TrumperyDust
I had a little problem with the update! The I1 went smooth, but the RC had a problem while updating. Starting the update went fine! I waited 10 minutes..........15 minutes.........20 minutes.........25 minutes...........Just the irritating beeps. Then I shut it down and tride to restart the the update with another SD. Nothing hapenend. Downloaded a rescue file (gs-ofdm.bin) and recoverd the RC. But it is in the old firmware and I cannot update this RC.... I've tride it with the gimbal, with another SD, formatting everything tride it over and over again.

Luckaly my second RC update perfectly within 5 minutes.

I did everything by the book ;-)

Anyone has a solutie??

All of mine updated when I installed them and power cycled the AC. .. Is the full discharge to 5% mandatory, or just recommended?
If you check your updated batteries you may find that the Total Power (mAh) is lower than that rated for your battery and you may find that your flight times are down by 1-2 minutes. If not then you don't need to do anything. Otherwise, I would strongly recommend that you do the 100%-5% discharged and recharge. This will reinstated your max power and flight times.

Can anyone elaborate on the changes to transportation mode? My interpretation of the release notes is that you can attached the gimbal to the aircraft without powering down beforehand. Is that correct?
The new transport mode detects that you have a gimbal/camera fitted and powers it down. You initiate this either in the App or flipping the RC landing gear switch up and down a couple of times. You can then remove the gimbal/camera without switching off the battery (yes, I was dubious when I first heard this) and once removed the aircraft will then move the legs to transport position. You can do the same in reverse.

Reactions: Joola and PB30X
If you check your updated batteries you may find that the Total Power (mAh) is lower than that rated for your battery and you may find that your flight times are down by 1-2 minutes. If not then you don't need to do anything. Otherwise, I would strongly recommend that you do the 100%-5% discharged and recharge. This will reinstated your max power and flight times.
Battery #1 indicated this on the first test flight, and I got an on screen warning. #2 did not. waiting on 3 and 4 to fully charge to see what I get.

Can anyone confirm if the update can be done if you are using an android devise. the wording in not very clear. it does not say the pilot app will not work.

One other thing I was curious about, do you have to be landed to switch into atti? I tried when I was flying and it said that I can't switch modes when flying? I've never tried atti and figured I would give it a shot today

Hey, all. So I'm trying to update and nothing happens. I deleted the old firmware folder on the SD card extracted the new Firmware onto the root of the SD card. Turned off the RC, plugged the SD card in the camera, turned on the aircraft.... and nothing... nothing happens, I waited a while and still nothing. I got another formatted SD card did the same and also nothing. Any ideas??

Also, anyone know how much extra battery time we got :D?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74