Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the CF props that fit the I2. I was told that the ESC's on the I2 are designed to detect any prop that is not the same balance as the stock ones, and won't let the drone fly. This way DJI has control over what you can and can't use. For example it won't fly with folding props because of the weight design.

Yes of course the ESC will detect miss balanced props and report an error but weight how do they measure this? I don't see the ESC will know if the props are folding, Carbon Fibre or OEM props. But if your so concerned try the normal non folding carbon ones and the adapter.

Yes of course the ESC will detect miss balanced props and report an error but weight how do they measure this? I don't see the ESC will know if the props are folding, Carbon Fibre or OEM props. But if your so concerned try the normal non folding carbon ones and the adapter.

I should have my adapters tomorrow, same as yours Dr Jon. I should be able to test it out with the T-Motor 15X5's this weekend.

Ordered both and will try them and report,
Thanks Dr Jon.

I received my CF prop adapters today from Inspire 2 Carbon Fiber propeller adapters today. Thanks to Michael at @Florida Drone Supply for having the T-Motor 15X5 props in stock, I was able to install them today. I did a short flight for a 360 pano and they worked well. I did notice when I braked or accelerated I didn't hear the noise I usually did with the DJI props. More tests to come

IMG_0691.JPG IMG_0692.JPG

The latest version of propellers along with mounting plates are now IN STOCK.

Inspire 2 Propellers
Inspire 2 Mounting Plates

Order #AS-3715 placed on March 6, 2017 contained an original mold red prop w/ foam and a '2' mold white prop w/ foam. The red prop is still rattling and the white prop sounds fine for now. How do you want to handle this?

I hope order #AS-3727 isn't more of the same. If it arrives as the tracking number hasn't updated in days.

Order #AS-3715 placed on March 6, 2017 contained an original mold red prop w/ foam and a '2' mold white prop w/ foam. The red prop is still rattling and the white prop sounds fine for now. How do you want to handle this?

I hope order #AS-3727 isn't more of the same. If it arrives as the tracking number hasn't updated in days.

Hi @swalker - Sorry about the issue with that order. Please send over an email to [email protected] and we'll be happy to take a closer look at things.

I received my CF prop adapters today from Inspire 2 Carbon Fiber propeller adapters today. Thanks to Michael at @Florida Drone Supply for having the T-Motor 15X5 props in stock, I was able to install them today. I did a short flight for a 360 pano and they worked well. I did notice when I braked or accelerated I didn't hear the noise I usually did with the DJI props. More tests to come

View attachment 12659 View attachment 12660

Looks good... The stiffness of the Carbon Fibre will reduce the noise as they will not "flutter" like the plastic ones.

Would be nice if you can tell if the speed has changed since you swapped for CF compared to the Plastic?

Reactions: SanCap
Hey,

I've tried out another way to get rid of "rattling" props, not sure if this is sustainable solution (7 battery packs so far so good):

If that's already tested (and not working in a long term) please let me know. Video is unlisted, as I am not 100% sure that's really "solution", maybe it's just temporary...

Thanks for feedback,
Jaan

Hey,

I've tried out another way to get rid of "rattling" props, not sure if this is sustainable solution (7 battery packs so far so good):

If that's already tested (and not working in a long term) please let me know. Video is unlisted, as I am not 100% sure that's really "solution", maybe it's just temporary...

Thanks for feedback,
Jaan
Unfortunately you're just lucky, most that have tried this have rattle after a few flights.

Why everyone is so hung up on these quick release risky props is beyond me.

Lol ok... we have 3 i2 and my friends in Cali have 3 as well...... all done it......no problems..... not luck jus a fact bud [emoji44]

Last edited:
I tried that fix as well. Only a marginal improvement at first and sadly back to ratting after 3 flights on both new mounts. Carbon props on order...

Reactions: Lagdancer420
DJI online support just advised me when I called in this issue the following "We have not had issue reported need to send props and mounts in for engineer evaluation" so send $6 worth of plastic to china...great idea.

DJI online support just advised me when I called in this issue the following "We have not had issue reported need to send props and mounts in for engineer evaluation" so send $6 worth of plastic to china...great idea.
Just keep calling and argue, they sent mine without me sending anything in. Although the hey are sitting in a box because I mounted Carbon fiber props.

Hi guys,

There is a very simple fix for this. I bought an Inspire 2 and within 8 flights or so the red props were starting to get loose. I kept playing with different materials to make shim stock out of and finally wound up using typing paper for the shim stock. It is roughly 1 tenth of a mm thick. I cut two 30 mm long by 3 mm wide shims and place them between the top of the locking clamp and the part that is bolted to the motor. Then just place the prop in position and lock the clamp. I orient the two shims so that they will be perpendicular to the locking hub handles once they hubs are in the locked position. With the shims in place I have put about 30 flights on the machine and the red props have not loosened up the slightest bit. Yes, it is a little bit of a pain if you are constantly taking the props on and off, but it is a cheap and quick fix that works.

Wayne Mann

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee