Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

Adding foam, paper or what so ever, just makes the noise go away, there is still play on the props and causes vibrations. Out of the box, mine didnt have any rattling sounds, after first short flight, 1 of the red props started to rattle, second flight - both red ones rattles, after 4-5 flights also one of the white ones started.. contacted dji aftersale support (netherlands) and requested 8 revised props with 8 mounting plates. Now they want me to send all props and plates there first (to make sure i can't use my new 5k drone??) and then they will "FIX" my props. ffs, they should know better by now, there is no fix. Not professional.

Explained what i have done (shims) and told them shims it only takes the rattling away but when slightly pushing the prop down, there is 0.5-1cm of play on the other end of the prop. What they should do, is send everyone new revised sets, without questions asked.

Guys somewhere back in this form I wrote a fix for the red prop rattle, not just a bandaid fix, but a permanent fix. I now see that someone else has started a new form with my fix. Anyway look back in this form and it will be explained how to fix this issue.....no paper shims involved.

Hi everybody, i'm new here. First sorry for my bad english, i try to write down my problem.
I bought an Inspire 2 the left leg was loose and have 1-2mm play at the T piece (cca 1 cm at the props ends) and with this it was impossible to fly securely. I waited three weeks for the replacement. Now i have an another machine, but this time with the RED props error. The support wants to send back the 4 red props and then they will send me back a new set. This turnaround is three weeks to Holland and back. But i need the machine, i have paid jobs fixed, i don't want to lose costumers and money while DJI don't want to help and solve this problem and add a safe and long time solution to their cotumers.

Can You help me to solve this thing without sending them back the props or how can i buy good props for the machine? I read the thread in, but i don't know what way sould i take. :( Thank You very much if You can help me!

Hi everybody, i'm new here. First sorry for my bad english, i try to write down my problem.
I bought an Inspire 2 the left leg was loose and have 1-2mm play at the T piece (cca 1 cm at the props ends) and with this it was impossible to fly securely. I waited three weeks for the replacement. Now i have an another machine, but this time with the RED props error. The support wants to send back the 4 red props and then they will send me back a new set. This turnaround is three weeks to Holland and back. But i need the machine, i have paid jobs fixed, i don't want to lose costumers and money while DJI don't want to help and solve this problem and add a safe and long time solution to their cotumers.

Can You help me to solve this thing without sending them back the props or how can i buy good props for the machine? I read the thread in, but i don't know what way sould i take. :( Thank You very much if You can help me!

Hello, yes if you read back in this form, you will find my discription on how to fix the problem with the rattle in the red props. If you can't find it, let me know and in will copy and paste it here where you can read it.
Greg

Hi Freejack,

There is a group of us that have tried the fixes for the stock props without any (lasting) success. You might want to check out this thread for alternate props and adaptors: 15 in. CF Tiger props are awesome .

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Richard G Hugh
Anyone on here know about batch issues on this matter? Was this the 2016 releases?

I ordered mine on Monday (3/14) and receiving them today (3/15)

I wonder which batch is this.

Anyone on here received their drone this month (March 2017)?

Hello, yes if you read back in this form, you will find my discription on how to fix the problem with the rattle in the red props. If you can't find it, let me know and in will copy and paste it here where you can read it.
Greg

I appreciate your efforts and posts. I have to add that this is not a "Fix", it is a band-aid for a serious problem that needs to be corrected by the manufacturer.

I appreciate your efforts and posts. I have to add that this is not a "Fix", it is a band-aid for a serious problem that needs to be corrected by the manufacturer.
Nobody should be flying on plastic anyway, ever....

For the money we spend, we should get CF props.

Supposedly they have numbers on them too... however, I haven't seen this, and that was related to the second redesign, whereas the parts rolling out now supposedly are gen 3.

Reactions: rocstudios
Greg
If You can send me a link that will be very helpful.

If many people says that the true solution is the carbon propeller, i want to try it and use it if that really helps, but please if somebody knows please tell me where to buy the right carbon props with adapters in the EU? Sadly I don't have time to wait for longer transport times overseas... :(

I need the machine the first week of april, i purchased it the end of january, but the DOA procedure and now this totally freaking me out. :((

Supposedly they have numbers on them too... however, I haven't seen this, and that was related to the second redesign, whereas the parts rolling out now supposedly are gen 3.

Hopefully its Gen 3 I got - I just tracked package its now in my studio....Delivered..Out On Location shooting..so I will know in a few hours which one I got - so if I received the first version, I should not fly it at all and wait for new props or buy those carbon ones? (Confused) - lol

Hopefully its Gen 3 I got - I just tracked package its now in my studio....Delivered..Out On Location shooting..so I will know in a few hours which one I got - so if I received the first version, I should not fly it at all and wait for new props or buy those carbon ones? (Confused) - lol
IMO (and many others).... just buy carbon fiber either way. And if you're a pro, get a pelican 1730 case and leave the props hard mounted.

Attachments

• 20170313_211419.jpg
    20170313_211419.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 45

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
varinda