Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

F
How can I get my hands on the v3 props? is it through tech support only?
From what I can tell, they are nothing more than the props you have with some foam stuffed in the top to make them a bit tighter on the mounts. Maybe DJI is listening in on this and correct me if I'm wrong.

F

From what I can tell, they are nothing more than the props you have with some foam stuffed in the top to make them a bit tighter on the mounts. Maybe DJI is listening in on this and correct me if I'm wrong.

I have the original and the v2 props. V2 props have the foam stuffed in it. I am curious if V3 props have a different construction all together. Im looking to get another set of quick disconnect mount as well to get rid of the play on the red antenna. Its a shame the Inspire 2 only came with 1 red, 1 white mount.

I received two new sets of props from my DJI dealer a few days ago. They have the foam in the dome but other than that they look the same. Can you post a pic of what's different? After waiting weeks for these I don't know what version I just got or if it's a permanent fix.

I received two new sets of props from my DJI dealer a few days ago. They have the foam in the dome but other than that they look the same. Can you post a pic of what's different? After waiting weeks for these I don't know what version I just got or if it's a permanent fix.
Grab a micrometer, because you can't see differences in shape like that...

The latest version have a number 2 stamped on both red and white props and come complete with new Locking clips for the "red" props including new retaining screws. there is no foam in either props

Last edited:
Thanks Dr Jon...so what my USA dealer has sent after weeks of pestering is the same crap with foam inserts...they do not have anything stamped on them nor did they come with mounts...so does what you have work or are you done with DJI props?

The latest version have a number 2 stamped on both red and white props and come complete with new Locking clips for the "red" props including new retaining screws. there is no foam in either props
Okay then... I actually have the V3 in my possession, thanks though.

Thanks Dr Jon...so what my USA dealer has sent after weeks of pestering is the same crap with foam inserts...they do not have anything stamped on them nor did they come with mounts...so does what you have work or are you done with DJI props?
What I have "works", but I'd never use plastic props.

I fitted them and had real trouble getting the old ones off as they are locktite fitted. Not had any issues since since but I do have some Carbon fibre Props on the way and not using the quick release anymore.

Dr Jon, I also have the CF props and adapters on the way to try out. BTW, did you ever get those folding props you ordered out of customs? How did they workout?

I'm still waiting for them, they are some place in chinese customs and can't get a release from them.

Do you have a picture of V3 Props from DJI? Are they all 4 or just the RED ones? Thanks!
I can when I get home, they look the same except the "2" on the white props.

They are definitely a different manufacturing process, they are tighter tolerances checked by a micrometer and the original ones.

They sent me a whole set of white and red props and mounts, they had foam in them, and fit much tighter on the red, and don't stick on the white.

I can when I get home, they look the same except the "2" on the white props.

They are definitely a different manufacturing process, they are tighter tolerances checked by a micrometer and the original ones.

They sent me a whole set of white and red props and mounts, they had foam in them, and fit much tighter on the red, and don't stick on the white.

The red props are suppose to have a "2 " on them as well..... they sent me the same.... only lasted 3 flights before the rattling came back[emoji15]

The red props are suppose to have a "2 " on them as well..... they sent me the same.... only lasted 3 flights before the rattling came back[emoji15]
Yeah, I wouldn't trust plastic anyway, there's plenty of adapter options for CF at this point to even worry about these garbage things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc