Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Problems with "red Colour Props"

Ain't it great that the customers are identifying and providing solutions for fixing the manufacturer 's problems while they sit silent. Is this a 7 day past the refund scam? Unreal.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots
What, just like every other product they've released over the past 2-3 years? LoL!

I'm not an "idiot" insert for or tissue paper into the large recess on the underside of the prop increases the gap and makes the Quick release clip need to provide more force to lock it in place. Its simply reducing the tolerance gap caused by bad manufacture. And... with the white ones be at the other end of the scale simply shaving off the "bump" on the clamp area the quick release locks on to makes the white ones usable.

If we wait for DJI it will never happen.

I have tried 6 different quick release on the red motors and only 2 gave 100% lock out of the 8 different red props available.

Add the small amount of foam as mentioned and this become 100%. There is no way the foam can escape during flight so I'm happy its a quick (but dirty) short term fix.

Reactions: DamesNY
Today i received the "FIX" from DJI for the prop tolerance issues for both "red" and "white". This consisted of two sets of props exactly like the ones the you can buy directly off the DJI web site (one of each in the bag)

I can announce that it WORKS... They all go on with a reassuring "click" and make no rattle when spun. On both you need to press down a little on the prop before you rotate the locking mechanism.

DON'T all rush at once :)

Reactions: DamesNY
Today i received the "FIX" from DJI for the prop tolerance issues for both "red" and "white". This consisted of two sets of props exactly like the ones the you can buy directly off the DJI web site (one of each in the bag)

I can announce that it WORKS... They all go on with a reassuring "click" and make no rattle when spun. On both you need to press down a little on the prop before you rotate the locking mechanism.

DON'T all rush at once :)

So then the solution is to ask DJI support for new props? I'd wish they'd reply to my email I sent several days ago. Happy to hear it's not the quick release mount since replacing a few props is 100x easier.

Yes, I thought I had made that rather clear in my reply, the point is the question was what to do if you don't have a T9...

Yes, the correct answer is 'buy one', but in an emergency a 2mm allen key although not the correct tool will often be sufficient...
Mark, Please note that use of 2mm Allen key will damage the T9 TORX

Last edited:
So then the solution is to ask DJI support for new props? I'd wish they'd reply to my email I sent several days ago. Happy to hear it's not the quick release mount since replacing a few props is 100x easier.

Don't send emails...go to the "chat" icon on the sales page its replies very quickly or use WeChat you can an answer instantly

I'm very surprised that DJI is not supplying tools matching the market position of Inspire 2. They are good company however somewhere in they structure they have a week link that is compromising their otherwise excellent product and their hard work. I hope they will address that ASAP.

Don't send emails...go to the "chat" icon on the sales page its replies very quickly or use WeChat you can an answer instantly

Calling the USA support is the only sure way of getting support IMHO. I emailed 4 times no response. I did the chat thing and they arranged a replacement, but never sent me the instructions they promised. I called the USA support and, after being on hold for 50 minutes, finally arranged a replacement unit after I described the problem. They made some bogus suggestions for fixing it myself, and I said I am not fixing their defective $4k UAV, DJI is! They sent me the UPS return information a hour later. It's going to California and they will send a replacement.

Hah! They told me via chat that this was not a common problem. Funny thing is they had written a day earlier in the same chat that this was known to be a common problem.

Same here, one of my red props causes the sound I switched it around with the prop and the sound was then on that one and the first one was fine so I would suggest that the cavity in the prop is slightly too big as when I lock all props on they have zero movement bar one of the red ones, if I hold the tip of it I can move it slightly independent of the locking mechanism.

Spoke with DJI a few times now, they have escalated the issue and is sending me 2 new red props as well as another quick disconnect. Lets hope they are looking into it deeper instead of trying to send me new props until I find a good pair.

here is a video, I encourage everyone to check their red props on both the forward and aft mounts.

Precisely what I am experiencing..On with chat now.

Pleased you got your I2 sad you have same problem.

The official fix was a free set of props so make your compliant and make sure they send you today!!! Its Chinese New Year in a few days so if you don't do it quick you need to wait until mid February before they return to work.

The official fix was a free set of props so make your compliant and make sure they send you today!!! Its Chinese New Year in a few days so if you don't do it quick you need to wait until mid February before they return to work.
Already have a Case #...thanks

Reactions: Dr Jon

Hi guys, Are new props actually fixing the problem for anyone? None of my 4 red props fit well (on my 1 "bad" mount). Are the replacements from another lot?

Yes... the ones in your box are in a pack of four, the ones they ship are in packs of two same as on DJI web site. When i replied to DJI they shipped a second set and a full set of quick release clips including screws.

I now have two full sets. These are slightly different they are a little tight to fit (both red and white) but the clips make a nic click when they get in place but it does need the clip to be fully depressed before you can rotate them. Since i got my "fix" set have flown about 10 missions and the clips are much better now they are worn in

Reactions: amorrison

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reubenmarie