Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

15 in. CF Tiger props are awesome

Thanks for the link on the folding props. Looks like those guys are going the same direction as LP. Being the first to release folding props with the odd 13mm screw spacing (that no other manufacturer uses) they feel it necessary to set the price ridiculously high. I can go without folding props if they are going to sell their adapters for over $200.

In the meantime, I found myself a workaround that has worked perfectly for the past 10 flights. It looks a little bit odd, but it works. The amazing tech adapters do have the 13mm screw spacing, BUT the top portion goes back to 12mm spacing for 3rd party props. So, I put the two together. Amazing tech adapters with the folding props. I just don't need to unscrew the props when I'm done (once of course the new Inspak is released). So, for those looking for a less expensive option and have folding props, this works. Also, the folding props with Amazing tech adapters puts the props at just about the same height as the stock props.

I can understand people liking or disliking the screw on adapters. To each their own how they want to mount their props. I personally believe anything is better than what DJI uses.

The amazing tech adapters worked for hundreds of flights for me on my I1 and so far, 10 flights on my I2 with folding props attached to them.

In my opinion, I think it would be extremely difficult for the amazing tech adapters to come unscrewed during a flight. Reason being, They screw onto the motor opposite of the direction the motor is spinning. So, the motor is constantly "tightening" them when it is spinning. I can attest to this as it is difficult for me to unscrew the adapter after a flight. The props are always on tighter than what I can do by hand - and I've tried. I'll try to tighten the adapter when installing the props as hard as I can. They always come back tighter after a flight.

A question, but the propellers right measure is: 15x5 or 15x5.5? I find only 15x5.5 t-motor version!!
Can i use this measure?
Thank you!!

Which way do you mount the Amazing Tech adaptors? Nick has the red on the left, Fanti (1st post) on the right. I mounted mine like Fanti and been working fine. Unless some reds are cw and some are cwr.

Reactions: Viper Pilot
All the Amazing Tech adapters have an arrow on them to show which direction the motor spins. I have no idea why I seem to be the only one with black and silver adapters. If I recall correctly, my black ones are on the CW motors and the silver are on the CCW.

I just received the Amazing Tech adapters and installed them like in the first pic by Fanti. And, yes, they have arrows showing rotation direction as mentioned by Nick H.

Let me clarify, the Allen screw will thread into the piece that is attached to the prop, it will stick out through the side wall of the piece it screws into, that will keep it from spinning off. See the crude drawing below.
In order for that to work, you would have to have a flat spot on both sides of the shaft. Your idea may work for a little bit of time, but eventually the shaft or the grub screw would have to give. Why go through all that hassle?

Hi Guys,

What was happening that the old self-tightening props were spinning off during braking? Was this common? Was this a function of the parts being plastic or of the design itself?
I've never had any props fly off my Phantom 2 Vision +, Phantom 3 or my Inspire one. I have the LP prop adapters and they work great. I take care of my equipment, however I do not baby it when flying. That would be boring. Just my two cents. I think all this grub screw to prevent a prop from flying off is overkill..

It sure does sound like what??

You yourself may be incapable of taking a screw in and out without stripping it, but the rest of us are just fine. If you have problems not using the correct screw driver, or improper technique, that's on you. There is no way myself or anyone else reading this will EVER strip the screws, (and they could always buy new ones if needed for .10c). Now if you have a problem with your spin-off adaptors, you will lose everything!! (so who is taking the bigger risk)?
I have been mounting t-motor props directly to DJI motors for over 800 flights. I never worry about them flying off, and I have not even come close to stripping any of the 8 screws.

You just keep coming up with excuses to justify your purchase of spin-off adaptors, (just like I said earlier) but you are simply just making stuff up. If your best scare tactic is to say "don't buy them cause you will strip out the screws", I'll take that risk over a prop unscrewing and losing everything.
Buddy, relax the guy is right. I don't know anyone that would take 8 tiny screws and screw them on fly then unscrew when done flying every single time you packed the drone up.I'm sure the man you're talking about is more than capable of screwing in screws but you're making mountain out of a molehill. I would hate to do that and it's not practical. Seriously!

Reactions: Ftolino
I don't take them off, lol.... like real airplanes and helicopters... and the rest of the RC world.

Quick release props are against industry standards and strictly for lazy.
Says who? You..lol. give me a break. Please post a link here as to what you just said above. Quick release props are Practical, it has nothing to do with laziness and certainly are within Industry standard. Sorry, but your information is just wrong wrong...They are practical meaning simplicity, time saving and if checked like you're supposed to,the quick releases work just fine.

Buddy, relax the guy is right. I don't know anyone that would take 8 tiny screws and screw them on fly then unscrew when done flying every single time you packed the drone up.I'm sure the man you're talking about is more than capable of screwing in screws but you're making mountain out of a molehill. I would hate to do that and it's not practical. Seriously!

You bought LP prop adapters at $200 bucks a set. Your though process is "skewed" (at best).
Take your 5 posts and troll someone else please, I'm not interested in your opinions.
http://www.inspirepilots.com/search/9746370/

Lastly, Quick release props are not "practical", they're "idiotic", again, proving your skewed thought process :rolleyes:

Says who? You..lol. give me a break. Please post a link here as to what you just said above. Quick release props are Practical, it has nothing to do with laziness and certainly are within Industry standard. Sorry, but your information is just wrong wrong...They are practical meaning simplicity, time saving and if checked like you're supposed to,the quick releases work just fine.
FYI.... he's right, and you're clueless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcusFalc