Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

The easing at either end of the movement is due to the Autopilot gimbal control algorithm as it favors smoother transitions over more reactive starts / stops. As for any delay before the movement, this issue is the command flow. You move the joysticks, and the SDK reports that movement to the app (100ms latency), and then the app calculates and sends commands back to the RC (another 100ms latency). When you roll the gimbal wheel on the RC, there is no round-trip to an app, it just issues the commands immediately.

Open to making it a setting. The question is, would you want the gimbal to reset back to FPV during the periods of manual flight control?

It will do the former. If that isn't clear from this article, please let us know so we can update the article to be more clear.

Thanks. I hope with the next firmware release this issue will be fixed by DJI and RTH will be activated on signal loss vs hovering until critical battery level is reached. I fly a lot over water....

Thanks. I hope with the next firmware release this issue will be fixed by DJI
Are you saying you hope the next firmware release fixes the latency? This isn't really an issue as much as it is a reality of the current level of technology.

Are you saying you hope the next firmware release fixes the latency? This isn't really an issue as much as it is a reality of the current level of technology.
Sorry, no - I replied to the wrong comment. I was referring to the issue of RTH at critical battery level vs. RTH at signal loss.

We have some big news...LCMC is coming to Autopilot! We are still testing the feature internally, but it should be available for external testing shortly. It is important to note that some features in Waypoint Mode will be disabled when using LCMC.

Hi, I am on beta 99 and have a question. I really appreciate the adding of LCMC to Autoflight. If I choose this option vs ending the mission on lost connection I understand the flight controller will revert back to the DJI GO flight controller which has limited functionality vs the AF flight controller. However, when I change the option to use LCMC in the app it changes the whole flight path parameters (rounded corners vs. Bézier curves, standard speed at waypoints etc.). Does this mean that these (limited) parameters will only be activated when LCMC is activated (when connection is lost) or will I not have the added functionality of AF on my planned flight path as long as I choose the option to use LCMC in the app? If the former is true you might want to consider representing it differently on the flight path in the app (maybe in the pop up indicating that the chosen flight path settings (bezier curves, focus triggers, speed) will remain active until LCMC is activated but will be replaced with the DJI Go flight controller parameters when LCMC is activated. Not sure if I make sense but would like to have your thoughts.

If I choose this option vs ending the mission on lost connection I understand the flight controller will revert back to the DJI GO flight controller which has limited functionality vs the AF flight controller.
Incorrect. What is means is the DJI Flight Controller will be used during the entire engagement, regardless of the aircraft connection state. The DJI SDK does not allow simultaneous use of two flight controllers at once, even in a fall-back fashion as you have stated. It is all or nothing.

Incorrect. What is means is the DJI Flight Controller will be used during the entire engagement, regardless of the aircraft connection state. The DJI SDK does not allow simultaneous use of two flight controllers at once, even in a fall-back fashion as you have stated. It is all or nothing.

Got it. I was hoping that this would only apply during actual signal loss but oh well...one has to make compromises...:)

So if LCMC is not enabled, what happens if connection is lost? Thanks.

My understanding is it will hover until critical battery level is reached and then will return to home. If you are too far away for the battery to get you back it will auto land.

Hey AL- love your software. I'm interested in Hyperlapse - someone on the threads created a hyperlapse video using your app and mistakenly referred to the solution as using 'continual shots' at 2 and second intervals.

I have searched your software interface for these options and have found nothing. Can you point me in the right direction? I would like to see more information in your 'instruction manual' about the camera options.

DJI should hire your company and remove DJIGo from the market... let you guys be the norm. Hail AL.

Reactions: sanderx
So if LCMC is not enabled, and connection is lost, the drone will hover until a critical battery level and then either auto-land or RTH? Sorry, I'm having trouble connecting the dots between the LCMC flag and the "Read This" post you answered with (which seems to talk about a firmware issue. Thanks for helping me get my head around this.

If LCMC is not enabled and you lose connection, the drone will hover until critical battery level is reached and then return home. If it is too far away from the home-point to make it there on the remaining battery, it will auto-land at the place where it will run out of juice (this could be anywhere between the point it lost connection and the home-point (water, above a tree etc.). It would be better if the connection is lost that the drone would return home at that point rather than hover until critical battery level is reached. This is a firmware issue (not AF related) which I believe will be fixed with a next DJI firmware release. When in LCMC, the mission will continue when connection is lost (but you will lose some AF functionality when choosing LCMC).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Joel Zieve
Purchased this software the other day and today was my first attempt at using it.. I love the fact that I can import .kmz files, planned out a ton of flights using Google Maps already.

For anyone using the software - I have a question. In my DJI Go App I have my max distance set to 1500ft but in the AutoPilot software I have it set to 3200ft however when I fly my mission and the bird hits the 1500ft distance mark the mission is interrupted. My question is; do I need to set the max distance in my GoApp to match the max distance in the AutoPilot app?

Thanks in advance.

Certain settings in the DJI go app take precedence over 3rd party apps so best to increase those values in the Go app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DodgeP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu