Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

A Few Misc. Questions…

1) I set C1 to toggle the map/camera on the flight dashboard, but pressing it doesn’t do anything. On the dashboard (iPad mimi in portrait mode), all I get is a split screen showing both. How does this toggle work?

2) When putting the path inspector into preview mode, is there a way to move the box that follows the drone around the map? It’s hard to tell the director the camera and drone are facing with that box which follows it around.

3) Also for the path inspector, is there a way to tell it the location that the operator is going to be? That way I can plan off site, run the inspector, and watch as it tells me the actual distance from the operator (vs. where I am when I’m setting up the mission at home)

4) My iPad is wifi only, son after a mission is complete, it does upload to Healthy Drones at the mission site. Once I get it connected to wifi, how do I upload those files?

5) When controlling the gimbal with the right joystick, how to I revere the up/down? When I push the stick up/forward, I’d like the camera to go down (this is how I have it on my slave controller in the GO app).

6) Related to #5, is there I way that I can control the stick sensitivity in joystick mode?

Thank you!

Hi
It's probely been asked before, but do Autoflight record continious georeferance when taking footage, and is it possible to have this as and overlay when you playback your footage to find out exatly where the picture are?
I know the photos have georeferance and you find it in photosoftware.
I'm thinking about something like MISP . It could be usefull in many survey situations

Ah, I see that - that seems like a much better fit, thanks! So how do I apply the same focus strategy and parameters to all of the focus trigger subjects at the same time?
Autopilot does not support batch-editing of Waypoints or Focus Triggers at this time.

1) I set C1 to toggle the map/camera on the flight dashboard, but pressing it doesn’t do anything. On the dashboard (iPad mimi in portrait mode), all I get is a split screen showing both. How does this toggle work?
It only applies when inline controls are disabled or not applicable. Otherwise the map and camera are already both visible so toggling doesn't mean anything.

2) When putting the path inspector into preview mode, is there a way to move the box that follows the drone around the map? It’s hard to tell the director the camera and drone are facing with that box which follows it around.
Not right now.

3) Also for the path inspector, is there a way to tell it the location that the operator is going to be? That way I can plan off site, run the inspector, and watch as it tells me the actual distance from the operator (vs. where I am when I’m setting up the mission at home)
Not right now.

4) My iPad is wifi only, son after a mission is complete, it does upload to Healthy Drones at the mission site. Once I get it connected to wifi, how do I upload those files?
Autopilot automatically tries to upload any files that have not been uploaded when it first starts.

5) When controlling the gimbal with the right joystick, how to I revere the up/down? When I push the stick up/forward, I’d like the camera to go down (this is how I have it on my slave controller in the GO app).
Not possible right now.

6) Related to #5, is there I way that I can control the stick sensitivity in joystick mode?
Gimbal responsiveness is the only pertinent setting, but it is limited. Eventually we want to create finer-grained controls, but Autopilot was designed with auto-gimbal control in mind from the start.

Hi
It's probely been asked before, but do Autoflight record continious georeferance when taking footage, and is it possible to have this as and overlay when you playback your footage to find out exatly where the picture are?
I know the photos have georeferance and you find it in photosoftware.
I'm thinking about something like MISP . It could be usefull in many survey situations
The log files record location data every 100ms.

Reactions: Joel Zieve
I thought so, but is it possible to make the georeference as an overlay when playback video, would be very valuable in many survey situations?

When working to avoid damage from avalange, landslides, and flooding the geologist that analyst the videoes need exact position for the pic in video, so it would be great to have this as an option in the app.

Autoflight is an awesome app btw, thanks a lot for it

I thought so, but is it possible to make the georeference as an overlay when playback video, would be very valuable in many survey situations?

When working to avoid damage from avalange, landslides, and flooding the geologist that analyst the videoes need exact position for the pic in video, so it would be great to have this as an option in the app.
This feature is outside the scope of the app at this point, but you might check out Dashware. If you do end up developing a Dashware profile for the Autopilot flight logs, please send it to [email protected].

This feature is outside the scope of the app at this point, but you might check out Dashware. If you do end up developing a Dashware profile for the Autopilot flight logs, please send it to [email protected].
Yes, this looks much like what i'm looking for at the final video. Only problem it's not recording the georeference as overlay on the video when you fly, so get it to work you have to do editing afterwards that take time and delay the delevery.

Anyway thanks for giving adwise, and i'll give you feedback if i go futher with it.

Thanks

Hello Autoflight! I'm a new user but I already have 15-20 successful flights. I've read this entire discussion and all of FS. You guys get 10 stars from me for the great software! Like most new users I've had to abort a few WP missions because I lost my nerve when the Inspire got out there a ways and I wasn't 100% certain I had good altitude. I've been flying for a large golf course / luxury development under construction. It's in the mountains so lots of elevation changes.

Today I replaced an iPad mini 3 on the FC with an iPad Pro. Then I bought the larger iPad Pro for mission planning. Usually I use my iPhone hotspot so I can get maps in the field on the FC. I want the best location services I can get. Did I make a mistake by getting wifi only iPads? Would I gain anything by including a Bluetooth GPS? Finally, I keep seeing references to KLM maps, but I don't really see what they are, or what they give you that google maps doesn't.

Thanks for the great effort, sorry for the newbie questions.

Bob

I want the best location services I can get. Did I make a mistake by getting wifi only iPads? Would I gain anything by including a Bluetooth GPS?
The iPad does not need GPS unless you intend to use a mode like Follow and have the iPad serve as the leader. Even then, you can just use airspace to share the location of your iPhone to the iPad.

Finally, I keep seeing references to KLM maps, but I don't really see what they are, or what they give you that google maps doesn't
KML is just the export format of markers created in Google Earth / Google Maps. If you prefer to define your Waypoints on a desktop, you can do it in Google Earth, and then email or airdrop the exported KML file to Autopilot.

Reactions: wisesafe
Thanks Autoflight! Wow, flying Autoflight with an Ipad Pro is a QUALITY experience! I can actually see the screen! Perfect flying weather here this morning.

Not a Beta Tester - I've purchased the software.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed although other questions around the C1/C2 switches have been mentioned. I'm flying almost every day with the software to try and learn to at least master the small things that I would like to do with it and I've yet to get past using the ZipLine feature. lol.. not saying that's a bad thing however; in my short time with the App, I've yet to fully complete a satisfactory Zip Line with ALL of the control that I would like. Maybe the last piece of control that I would like isn't available but; here's my question.

I have C1 set (In DJI Go) to Yaw/Pitch Gimbal and C2 set to Reset Gimbal.

When I setup and engage a Zip Line mission C1 doesn't do anything except change the pitch, regardless of when I toggle to control Yaw. Is this control a missing feature / function of does Autoflight not recognize the toggle of C1?

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone help With this noise in video, as you see pic is going up and Down, and thers a lot of noise in pic(Tower), anyone know the reason for this?
Video taken With Autoflight in zipline

Thanks

Last edited:
I have C1 set (In DJI Go) to Yaw/Pitch Gimbal and C2 set to Reset Gimbal.

When I setup and engage a Zip Line mission C1 doesn't do anything except change the pitch, regardless of when I toggle to control Yaw. Is this control a missing feature / function of does Autoflight not recognize the toggle of C1?

Thanks
The C1 and C2 mappings in DJI GO do not apply to Autopilot. There are settings for what these buttons do in Autopilot, but be aware you have to have the latest firmware for C1 to be mappable.

@Autoflight Logic

On this page (Autopilot Beta Test), @tomtnt asked, "In Zipline, can you set A/B at the same position but at different height for a rising motion?"

You answered, "Yes, but there are things you need to consider."

This is something that I tried this morning and was unable to make it work. Here's what I did.....

1) Flew to the middle of a field.
2) Hovered to 20' and then Set Point A - Altitude at 20'
3) Without moving the AC I slid the "Point B - Altitude" Slider to 100' and tried to Set Point B

When I pressed "Set Point B" the Point B slider altitude slider went back down to 20' not accepting my Point B setting. Tried more than 5 times before I gave up. Am I doing something wrong?

When I pressed "Set Point B" the Point B slider altitude slider went back down to 20' not accepting my Point B setting. Tried more than 5 times before I gave up. Am I doing something wrong?
Set Point A|B means use the current aircraft position AND altitude for point A|B. If you are trying to place two points right on top of each other to execute a vertical boom, you might consider using Waypoint Mode with a Vertical Waypoint action instead. If you really want to you Zip Line, your choices are to just move the Point B marker by dragging it on the map (so as to not alter the altitude), or use the Set Point B button, realizing that you will then have to adjust the altitude after it records the aircraft position.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu