Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Joystick Focus Strategy is not enabled in Cruise Mode.

In cruise mode, if you set your vertical, pitch/roll and yaw strategy to anything but joystick, you have the option of choosing joystick for your focus strategy. Not sure if that is advisable, but that is the only way you can choose joystick for focus strategy.

Joystick Focus Strategy is not enabled in Cruise Mode.
Here's the shot I was trying to get. Any other suggestions for how to get it? -- I want the Inspire to not move in the pitch/roll; start low and then do a climb/reveal shot while moving the camera both vertically and horizontally. I'd like to do the camera movement manually. Thanks for any suggestions.

In cruise mode, if you set your vertical, pitch/roll and yaw strategy to anything but joystick, you have the option of choosing joystick for your focus strategy. Not sure if that is advisable, but that is the only way you can choose joystick for focus strategy.
Yes, should have been more clear. If you select strategies that already use the joysticks, then it will not be available.

It used to be that Joystick Focus Strategy also controller the roll (so both sticks were take), but since we removed that it could be possible to allow a hybrid, as you say, it just hasn't been done yet.

Reactions: Joel Zieve
Did some testing over the weekend with beta 101 (3.5). I didn't test the LCMC functionality but did test waypoint, focus and follow (although the latter not extensively). Some observations at the end of the video. Impressed with the app though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim, I had some problems recently in Cruise Mode with the P3P. I used it several times before (like Focus-Mode with our Inspire) without any problems, but saturday I wasn't able to get it to work in Joystick Mode with POI-Strategy. Please take a look at the video. Perhaps I'm missing something?

And another feature request came up by my team for planning waypoint paths.
It would be very helpful, if there could be a function / setting for interpolation of altitude between two waypoints. But that only makes sense, if the distances between the waypoints are considered in the calculation, so the result will be a straight line.
Airnest for example has waypoint interpolation in it's path mode only by calculating the difference between the starting point and end point devided by the number of waypoints. This for example wouldn't be very helpful.

Last edited:
Please take a look at the video. Perhaps I'm missing something?
You need to select Focus as the Yaw Strategy.

It would be very helpful, if there could be a function / setting for interpolation of altitude between two waypoints. But that only makes sense, if the distances between the waypoints are considered in the calculation, so the result will be a straight line.
Autopilot already interpolates the altitude between neighboring Waypoints. Are you asking for a feature that limits the allowable altitude difference based on the time required to travel between the points given the configured speed and the max ascent / descent rate possible?

You need to select Focus as the Yaw Strategy.

So I simply wasn't able to see the wood for the trees. :-/ Thank you! :)

Autopilot already interpolates the altitude between neighboring Waypoints. Are you asking for a feature that limits the allowable altitude difference based on the time required to travel between the points given the configured speed and the max ascent / descent rate possible?

No, I meant, if I have two existing waypoints with different altitude, like Waypoint 1 (at 30 feet) and waypoint 2 (at 60 feet).
Now I add another one on the segment between them. Waypoint 2 becomes Waypoint 3, the new one is then Waypoint 2.

Currently the standard setting for the altitude ofe the new Waypoint 2 will be taken of the next Waypoint 3, and in the waypoint settings modal I can set it to "Default", "Previous", or "Input".
So I'm thinking of an option like "Interpolate". Then it would be nice if this sets some kind of dynamic altitude for this Waypoint 2, because it can be very close to Waypoint 3, but on the other hand far away from Waypoint 1. And when I move it around on the map, it's altitude must change to maintain the straight line in rising between all three waypoints. I hope this is understandable with my english... ;-)

Last edited:
I have discussed recently about smooth camera (cinematic) moves on rcgroups forum. I have always had troubles with curves in waypoint mode. Curving was jumpy and it was visible in the shots. On beta 97 bezier curve mode was perfect. See the video. And on beta 101 it became jumpy again. (didnt have time to test 103).
Anyway. Autoflight, if you have made any changes on bezier curve since beta 97, please turn it back. 97 was perfect.

I'm confused about focus strategies in Waypoint mode, can you help? Per the 1st image (17 2), the focus strategy or the mission is Triggers. When I touch Focus Triggers (5) on the 1st image, I get the 2nd image (18 2).

The Focus Strategy here says "Subject", and I can adjust the altitude above the subject to focus on.

Here's what I want to do: I want the camera to be pointing in the direction of the focus trigger subjects, however, I want the vertical angle of the camera to stay constant throughout the mission. Or perhaps let me change the vertical angle of the camera with the camera wheel on the controller.

Thanks for any help/ideas to do this.

Attachments

• IMG_0017 2.PNG
    IMG_0017 2.PNG
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0018 2.PNG
    IMG_0018 2.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
Autoflight, if you have made any changes on bezier curve since beta 97, please turn it back. 97 was perfect.
The only change to the flight path code since 97 was the addition of rounded corners. Are you executing the same exact flight plan as before? If so, please email it to [email protected].

Here's what I want to do: I want the camera to be pointing in the direction of the focus trigger subjects, however, I want the vertical angle of the camera to stay constant throughout the mission. Or perhaps let me change the vertical angle of the camera with the camera wheel on the controller.
This is not possible right now. Autopilot automatically adjusts the pitch of the gimbal when using Focus Subjects.

You think it would work if I put the focus trigger subject so far in the distance that there's little pitch movement on the gimbal? How far out would you recommend? Thanks!
Possibly, but it sounds like it would be better to just use Direction Focus Strategy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool