Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

are there plans to allow better/customized usage of the C1/C2 buttons?
It is on the list, but lower priority than Waypoints and camera settings, etc.

do we have a build coming up with the waypoints?
2.2 just got approved for release, so the 3.0 beta will be starting soon.

It is on the list, but lower priority than Waypoints and camera settings, etc.

2.2 just got approved for release, so the 3.0 beta will be starting soon.
@Autoflight Logic we have recently been reviewing our rules on Inspire Pilots and as a consequence advertising by commercial entities will have stricter guidelines.
Could you please contact Jacob site admin about becoming an approved vendor on the forum?

Many thanks.

Thread locked for the time being.

Just updated to 2.2, so I headed out to try before a project tomorrow. Couple issues:

1) In the Follow mode, I was trying various settings and walking with the bird following. Can't remember exactly what I did, but got notification that contact was lost/disconnected. The RC controls did nothing (dead). I quit and restarted AP, but still no connection or controls. I shut down the iPad 3, but still no controls. Finally hit the Return to Home button and it started the RTH process. I then was able to regain normal controls to land.

Before this and after, I did numerous tests of Focus, Orbit and Cruise, all with no issues.

2) The last time out (with previous version) as well as this time, using Focus and Cruise, the camera does not stay on either the Operator or Device very well. If the bird is off to the forward/left quadrant, the camera is always pointing too low, essentially almost pointing to the ground. This is on close up (20'), low altitude (18') and level ground.

If I then switch to RC, sometimes it will correct. And once corrected, if I go back to Device or Operator, sometimes it will stay on target, but not always, sometimes shifting back to a low/left focus. In one case I had it fly straight out at about 20 ft alt/20 ft distance and the camera swung to point straight down. By changing it to RC, it came back to the correct focus. But in the Operator and Device settings, seems it is constantly drifting off focus, or if in the forward/left quadrant, just plain off.

When I set the focus to a POI, never happens.

I didn't have enough batteries to fully test this, but it almost seemed that the new feature in Cruise where you can specify that the Operator is moving (Great feature!) may have made the focus better, even though in some cases I didn't move.

The RC controls did nothing (dead). I quit and restarted AP, but still no connection or controls.
Switching to P didn't allow you to regain control? Were the lights on the RC still on?

the camera does not stay on either the Operator or Device very well. If the bird is off to the forward/left quadrant, the camera is always pointing too low, essentially almost pointing to the ground. This is on close up (20'), low altitude (18') and level ground.
Does your device have GPS and did you perform the altimeter calibration correctly? You may need to send flight logs to [email protected]

I did some testing on 2.2 with cruise mode, and with pitch/roll orientation set to 'device'. At various points it definitely was not flying in the correct direction, which is somewhat alarming. I didn't do a compass calibration, but it was exactly at 1500, and the issue was only occasional. Do I need to be doing a calibration on my phone also?

Anyone else had issues with this?

Last edited:
I did some testing on 2.2 with cruise mode, and with pitch/roll orientation set to 'device'. At various points it definitely was not flying in the correct direction, which is somewhat alarming.
Can you be more specific about what it was doing wrong? The device orientation means that the aircraft will consider whatever direction the iOS device is facing "forward".

yes, I was flying in my garden so not a huge amount of space. Whilst facing the craft, I pulled back on the right stick - which in any scenario in this mode should cause it to come towards me, but instead if starting veering to the right, which was towards the house. Having lost any sense of which direction was which, I had to switch back to P and recover it. Switching between orientation modes is not good for the brain and can easily lead to crashes, so I'm nervous with this feature.

can device orientation (ie landscape/portrait) cause problems with this?

can device orientation (ie landscape/portrait) cause problems with this?
Yes it can. If it happens again even after orienting the device correctly, you can email the flight logs.

Can I beta test with DJI FW 1.4.01 or do I need Auto Pilot SDK(I have the original AP-SDK sent out) If so, would I be able to load the SDK having loaded 1.4.01? Also, is there a newer Auto Pilot SDK, I missed?
Not sure I understand the question. Autopilot works with the latest version of the firmware if that is what you mean.

Yes it can. If it happens again even after orienting the device correctly, you can email the flight logs.

Not sure I understand the question. Autopilot works with the latest version of the firmware if that is what you mean.

How about FW v1.04? Still ok?

I know you guys have done your own clean room implementations of most (all?) of the flight modes - which work MUCH better than DJI's for the record, where they have equivalent modes in the SDK - and use the SDK mostly for flight primitives.

Anything critical in v1.05 I should care about in terms of big fixes I'd want for using Autopilot?

How about FW v1.04? Still ok?
Yes

Anything critical in v1.05 I should care about in terms of big fixes I'd want for using Autopilot?
Not that we are aware of.

We are very close to releasing the first beta of 3.0. Here is a clip from some of our final alpha testing showing Waypoint Mode in action, including a moving reference point and changing the path in real-time:

Reactions: damoncooper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope