Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 preorder up on DJI site

Unless you are regularly shooting for a cinematography studio I see this new inspire hard to justify. Most of my shoots do not even require what my inspire 1 is capable of. Although I would like to have it for fun! If I hadn't just remodeled my basement I would do it.
I totally agree. But there is also another thing. The Inspire 2 is still a quad so suffers from single points of failure eg ESCs or motor going down. I am sure flights over congested areas and urban environments will only be permitted in the future for there to be further redundancy.

Someone asked, no compatibility at all with anything. I1 and I2 are 2 completely independent lines, no mixing/sharing of anything.

And that kinda sucks. The I2 system seems awesome, but no integration in a company's equipment is annoying, multiplying machines for different purposes is exactly what many want to avoid both for practical and "shelved $" reasons.
So has DJI stated somewhere that payloads for the Inspire 1 (X3, Z3, X5, X5R, XT) will not be compatible with the Inspire 2? The features that appeal to me on the I2 are redundancy related - dual IMU, compass and batteries. I see this as a kind of ETOPS but for UAV's whereby I don't have to invest in a larger, heavier machine with 6 or 8 motors, but still have some redundancy. For the kind of work I do, I don't need the X4 or X5S, ...yet. I want to get the I2 to use as my primary UAV and use the I1 as a backup. However, if backwards compatibility isn't offered, then I will just stick with the I1 platform and maybe get one more of the same aircraft.

A very exciting day here in LA... :cool:

Regarding questions about compatibility of Z3. Just heard from one of my colleagues at the event that it will NOT be compatible with the Z3, X3, X5, X5R or the XT. Very surprising. Not sure what the cause of this is quite yet. Possibly they can be made compatible with further firmware development or possibly an adapter...guess we'll have to wait and see on that. - Dan

First post! Hi guys.

For me the best upgrade with this is the dual battery, I'd like to be able to fly for longer but 15ish minutes does me for 99.9% of my work and landing and switching batteries takes no time at all so I'm fine with that for now, maybe we'll see an adapter in the future though I doubt it.

The 'no-crash' camera on the front is a nice addition but I never fly too close to properties/trees etc unless I have good line of sight and know the wind conditions won't put me in horrible situations so again it's good, but for me not necessary. Would be a good selling point though; 'built in crash prevention system allowing for safe flights in close proximity to assets' kinda thing.

The high speed is great, especially the ascent and descent, but I'm not a cinematographer so I can't immediately see where I would need the extra 20% speed. Many will utilise that though I'm sure (although I do get some vibrations at full speed and I can't imagine this is much different) so it's a nice feature.

It's a shame it isn't backwards compatible with the x5 and x5r cameras, that will annoy a LOT of current owners and is a poor idea IMO. Seems a bit like extortion to 'force' prior owners to buy new cameras if they wish to get these small incremental upgrades to their Inspire and if I'd just dropped £2k+ on a x5r I'd be a bit pissed off.

Pricewise I think it's about right, definitely setting itself apart from the Pro (though with little extra function that most people will utilise) but not so expensive that it puts everybody off. Hopefully the software based things like 'tapfly' and 'spotlight pro' will become available on previous models in the future, the latter being the one I'm most interested in.

I'd have liked to have seen 6 props, purely from a redundancy/safety point of view. And I think the extra operational distance is a bad idea as it's essentially completely pointless and will push more people to break laws and put the Inspire in dangerous positions.

Altogether, a very nice piece of kit but not kit I need at all. 5.2k is great, but I will likely never need that, my rig does everything I need and more. Would be very interested to hear from more people who have jumped in and ordered and get some reasons why as it may change my mind!

A very exciting day here in LA... :cool:

Regarding questions about compatibility of Z3. Just heard from one of my colleagues at the event that it will NOT be compatible with the Z3, X3, X5, X5R or the XT. Very surprising. Not sure what the cause of this is quite yet. Possibly they can be made compatible with further firmware development or possibly an adapter...guess we'll have to wait and see on that. - Dan
did they mention anything about a zoom camera or lens for the i2 ?

It's a shame it isn't backwards compatible with the x5 and x5r cameras, that will annoy a LOT of current owners and is a poor idea IMO. Seems a bit like extortion to 'force' prior owners to buy new cameras if they wish to get these small incremental upgrades to their Inspire and if I'd just dropped £2k+ on a x5r I'd be a bit pissed off.

Completely new camera design and capabilities. This isn't a incremental upgrade this is a tectonic shift in aerial cameras.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
The I2 price can really add up by the time you purchase license, batteries, etc. Unless you are on a movie set, I think the P4P will do just fine since it has aperture control, 100mbs, and 1" sensor w/ higher dynamic range.
Can you confirm this: - does P4P have aperture control as this my one of my main gripes about my P3P and the need fro ND filters?

Completely new camera design and capabilities. This isn't a incremental upgrade this is a tectonic shift in aerial cameras.
Sorry, I meant incremental upgrades in the Inspire itself; my point being that it is a completely pointless upgrade to anybody who doesn't *need* the 5.2k RAW (or 4K RAW @ 60fps). The camera is definitely a level above the previous/current range; lends itself to professional cinematographers (shooting for film/TV) over anybody else. Wish I had a spare £7.5k and the skill to shoot at the quality this deserves, but alas, I do not.

So if I choose to get the x5s without the raw license keys it's going to be 1500 dollar cheaper but I will be able to unlock the raw later on right!
I'm considering that same configuration although I don't see it being available right now. Is that correct?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu