Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire customization thread

Hi. I ordered a couple cans of orange blaze. Any special surface preparation to the shiny white plastic on the inspire? Or any other tips you might have to add for a successful application.
Thanks. Dennis
I used goo be gone and let it dry, if you are using Plexi Dip and are putting the screws back in make sure to use some vegetable oil or it will grab and pull the paint off, it sucks because you will need to peel and repaint lol

I used goo be gone and let it dry, if you are using Plexi Dip and are putting the screws back in make sure to use some vegetable oil or it will grab and pull the paint off, it sucks because you will need to peel and repaint lol
Thanks. I'm stil a little confused over the battery painting procedure. Did you spray over the clear plastic LED green lights rather than taping them off? And the lights are bright enough to illuminate through the layer of paint?

Yes I sprayed over them, you can see the green outline. I like the way it looks, you can peel the plexi or flexi carefully off them if you want. Pretty easy

On a very positive note, after taking this apart an learning a little bit on how its built, I feel confident it is built pretty well. Very tight makes me a bigger fan lol

i just made some minnor non-permanent customization using 1:144 aircrafts models decals

Attachments

• custom1.jpg
    custom1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 275
  • custom2.jpg
    custom2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 244
  • custom3.jpg
    custom3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 242
  • custom4.jpg
    custom4.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: RDTech and Tpoze41
Duracoat is a two part paint that cures hard. It's meant for firearms and adheres to metal and plastic. They do sell a version that comes with a compressed air can to apply it. I personally just used my airbrush.

As far as taking it apart I was able to do it without looking anything up online. I used a heat gun to remove the bottom trim piece. One note is the ribbon cables have a release clip unlike the phantom cables.

The bottom ultrasonic sensor/ camera should cable should be released from the frame not the sensor. It's easy enough to get the sensor off but near impossible to plug back in that way.
One more question about the bottom trim piece. You mentioned you used a heat gun to remove it. I see that the back of the trim piece has tabs on it. So is the function of the heat gun to make the piece more plyable and easy to pull off. And then how easy is it to put back on? Thanks

I bought some Blaze Green Plasti Dip. My goal is to aid in keeping LOS. With that in mind, has anyone painted any other parts of the Inspire. The white plastic cover isn't really visible from the ground. Thoughts on painting any parts of the landing gear?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu