Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New firmware update v1.10.1.40. 2 for Inspire 1

Caution - showing as a zip file for download on the DJI site (as usual) but when downloaded the file is designated as a .bin file.

I'm thinking it's the .bin file as it's about the right size but don't want to risk trying an update until I'm sure. Has anybody tried it yet?
I updated mine I haven't had any problems even did all the feature testing return home all of it works fine

I think you guys are great only thing I want to know is the extra Port out of the light Bridge flight controller. Facing the craft with the nose cone off that extra port can you label that for me I know there is a power out put but the rest off the ports I want to use it for something. Thanks Jason from Jay fl. Usa.

They came out with a firmware for the remote first you should update that then turn all that off put the file in the SIM card place it in your camera turn your craft on without a remote it took me over 15 minutes of beeping but I forgot that one special beep means it's done at the end.
I had no problems with the update live streaming seems to be quirky at times and a hell of a delay almost five minutes in video delays

With the old firmware can you go over the 500-meter altitude limit with the Old Farm where that is

And hey...let's just wait 2 years to remedy the CSC concern. Feels more like a ply to further institute device restrictions which have quietly slowed our deviced over the last 24 months. Specially, FPV range, signal reliability, and flight speed.

Reactions: slim.slamma
thanks for the update about the update.
Motor stopping time of 3 seconds in flight, do they mean after a CSC?
I just hope that when that moment comes I remember to keep the sticks in CSC for 3 seconds

In 3 seconds a lot can happen. I don't like this. If I need to shut down instantly in an emergency, what then?
And all that because some morons stirred their sticks like they were mixing two martinis at the same time, while flying beyond LOS and got a video drop out?
I just upgraded my firmware. I tested CSC without props. If you use both sticks down and out or both sticks down and in the motors stop in 3 second. However, if you pull both sticks down and left or both down and right it takes about 1 1/2 seconds. I'm not crazy about the inconsistency. Not sure if the same would occur in real flight but I am betting it would.

I just upgraded my firmware. I tested CSC without props. If you use both sticks down and out or both sticks down and in the motors stop in 3 second. However, if you pull both sticks down and left or both down and right it takes about 1 1/2 seconds. I'm not crazy about the inconsistency. Not sure if the same would occur in real flight but I am betting it would.
Thanx for the feedback .....
I will check it too....

Inconsistency is DJI's middle name.

It seems they forgotten to adjust the delay for 2 other CSC options, they only did the 2 stick in, and out, as it now seems.
But perhaps the other 2 CSC's didn't show up as crash cause in the logs that often. Who knows?
Strange that the delay also works on the ground. It's inconsistent with what they are saying 'changed delay for stopping motors in the air'. It used to be instantly, on the ground and in the air. Going to check that, I never use CSC, only for an emergency, which never happened yet. Maybe they sneaked in a delay with the pervious firmware without telling us.

DJI has a very strong consistency in being inconsistent, they're incredibly stable in that respect.

Reactions: staf
Inconsistency is DJI's middle name.

It seems they forgotten to adjust the delay for 2 other CSC options, they only did the 2 stick in, and out, as it now seems.
But perhaps the other 2 CSC's didn't show up as crash cause in the logs that often. Who knows?
Strange that the delay also works on the ground. It's inconsistent with what they are saying 'changed delay for stopping motors in the air'. It used to be instantly, on the ground and in the air. Going to check that, I never use CSC, only for an emergency, which never happened yet. Maybe they sneaked in a delay with the pervious firmware without telling us.

DJI has a very strong consistency in being inconsistent, they're incredibly stable in that respect.
Well, I just did a CSC check with the previous firmware 1.1.9.30 (or something), and it seems there is a delay of 1 second now, except the sticks down left and down right are 1.5 seconds.
Strange, but I found out that only the left stick down and in stops the motors as well in 2 seconds, WTF? (scuse my English). But maybe that's only on the ground, who can tell? I'm not going to test it.
So we have 4 or 5 CSC options and 1 or 2 normal stopping options (L-stick down 3 seconds and L-stick down-in 2 seconds)

How much CSC/stopping options do we really need DJI?

Reactions: Chris Hale
There appears to be a lot of performance issues (not in a good way) associated with this update. They are being discussed on one of this forums vendors Facebook page, FlyHighUsa. 需要安全验证 I don't know why the link is in chinglese but it still gets you there.

I downloaded this bin file, loaded into the Inspire and seemed to do nothing. I then reopened DJI Go and got no more "need update" WTF. Waste of time. I have no Idea if anything actually happened. I checked ref on the app and it shows camera update but aircraft update is the same. Crystal blue sky's in Washington and deciding if I am a go to fly. We shall see!
Same issue here However I have the Z3 camera. I contacted support. They keep sending me the Old firmware that came out for Z3 months ago. This "NEW" firmware will not recognize the Z3 . So I guess I live with "Aircraft needs updating " notice on GoApp until Z3 update comes out

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigdz
And hey...let's just wait 2 years to remedy the CSC concern. Feels more like a ply to further institute device restrictions which have quietly slowed our deviced over the last 24 months. Specially, FPV range, signal reliability, and flight speed.
Hah, so far DJI never really cared about people complaining about CSC. It started with the Phantoms 3 years ago. But now they are on the verge of a whole new sales cycle with the Inspire2 and they suddenly want to kill all the negative discussions.

Why they implement 4 ways to invoke an in air motor stop/start and 2 ground stops, in the first place, is beyond my comprehension. It would have been much safer to have only one CSC position.
They are mimicking their government in being stealthy about decisions and changes, so typical 'modern' Chinese. Posts and users they don't like get banned with no explanation. If DJI would have been from Taiwan it would have been a very different experience. I have been in Taipeh and mainland China several times for business so I can tell the difference, it's huge.

Sorry, I do like DJI hardware design but I have always been amazed about the way they communicate with their customers 'on a need to know basis'.

Last edited:
Same issue here However I have the Z3 camera. I contacted support. They keep sending me the Old firmware that came out for Z3 months ago. This "NEW" firmware will not recognize the Z3 . So I guess I live with "Aircraft needs updating " notice on GoApp until Z3 update comes out
It seems you can't update the crafts firmware through the Z3. You can only do it with an X3 or X5. So people who sold their X3 because of the Z3 will not be able to upgrade their craft, only the camera firmware.

Typical DJI logic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu