Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware.... V01.0.0240. who's first...?

Where you getting this from?

It's what they did with the I1, I am wary with my I2, (especially with no go-back feature).
We have all seen that video of the guy racing the I2 around on 1 pack. I don't need to race around when I shoot real estate jobs, 1 battery charged to 100% will do it. I would always prefer to have a second battery at 100% for the next house, (these are only 5-10 minute shoots) and and don't need two batteries for 1 house.
THIS firmware update prevents you from using only 1 pack. The I1 used only 1 pack for years b4 guys started adding auxiliary packs for extended flight times.
Please don't hobble my new I2.

You're exactly the reason they did that... not very bright.

Naw, you have me confused with the Daredevils out there on You Tube.
Also, it doesn't say in the manual you need to fly with 2 packs only, and they also allowed it in their original/current firmware, (so take what you wish from that).
I fly like a grandpa because I am a professional photographer, (you would laugh at me for sure).
I only bought the I2 for the X5S. I have zero need to race around and stress the components.
With the t-motor props, it's the smoothest platform I have ever filmed from and easily well worth the money. The people who complain about the price are most likely hobbyist :)

So new, firmware today, lots of updated stuff (release notes -> https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/inspire_2/20170302/Inspire+2+Release+Notes_EN.pdf ), updated Assistant 2...

Who's first?

On your marks, get set.....

GO!!!

(ps.... little note on bottom of release notes... you can't revert/downgrade once you've upgraded....)
(pps.. date typo at top of release notes, they seem to be about a year behind o_O:confused::confused::p:D:D)

Regarding the update, I updated everything and it fixed everything I wanted it to EXCEPT that on the slave/gimbal remote, you still can't remove or minimize the FPV screen in the corner. They should also make C1 or C2 a function that clears the screen of all the flight information so the gimbal operator has a full view of what he or she is capturing.

Side note: My gimbal makes an INSANE sound of grinding gears and who knows what for about 5 seconds after initialization on startup. It doesn't move when it makes these sounds and it happens after it's little gimbal dance has completed. Everything seems to be working flawlessly though.

The firmware update today fixed my X4s startup gimbal shake
emoji16.png
emoji106.png
emoji106.png
emoji106.png
M
Regarding the update, I updated everything and it fixed everything I wanted it to EXCEPT that on the slave/gimbal remote, you still can't remove or minimize the FPV screen in the corner. They should also make C1 or C2 a function that clears the screen of all the flight information so the gimbal operator has a full view of what he or she is capturing.

Side note: My gimbal makes an INSANE sound of grinding gears and who knows what for about 5 seconds after initialization on startup. It doesn't move when it makes these sounds and it happens after it's little gimbal dance has completed. Everything seems to be working flawlessly though.

Yes, i too noticed this disturbing sound on my x5s with an 45mm oly. tried no other lense yesterday, will do that today.

Also, it doesn't say in the manual you need to fly with 2 packs only, and they also allowed it in their original/current firmware, (so take what you wish from that).
I fly like a grandpa because I am a professional photographer, (you would laugh at me for sure).
I only bought the I2 for the X5S. I have zero need to race around and stress the components.
With the t-motor props, it's the smoothest platform I have ever filmed from and easily well worth the money. The people who complain about the price are most likely hobbyist :)
Any pics on your T-Motor setup pls ?

What other verdicts have you found with T-Motor props ?

Ummmm

If you only have one battery installed you will not be able to take off
If you shoot in D-Log ISO will be locked at 500 (presumably to control noise)
If you are near an airport you won't be able to fly very far (more than 500m although needs confirming)

I'm not sure what isn't clear? Am I missing something? :confused:
Is ISO REALLY FIXED same as in old celluloid days!!?? For Log gamma to work correctly you have to expose correctly, even overexpose a bit - therefore an all other cameras of all manufacturers Log works from camera-native ISO up to ANY HIGHER ISO.
I am more confused when I look at DJI graphs who state that best DR and SNR are at ISO100!!

Regarding Airport zone flying - as I regularly need to fly (approved, licensed) missions near airport infrastructure - is there a way to fly ATTI in NFZ same as with older DJI pro flight controllers?

Last edited:
Following update I got an "air encoder error" now DJI support has me sending in for repair......

Following update I got an "air encoder error" now DJI support has me sending in for repair......
Good luck with that... given their timetable for turnaround, I'd bet you'll get a software fix long before you get your bird back.

They should also make C1 or C2 a function that clears the screen of all the flight information so the gimbal operator has a full view of what he or she is capturing.

Hi YeeaaBoi,

Have you tried single finger swipe down?

They should also make C1 or C2 a function that clears the screen of all the flight information so the gimbal operator has a full view of what he or she is capturing.
As mentioned above, that feature has been on iOS for over a year (and also works on Go 4) with just a swipe down.

after the upgrade and imu e gimbal calibration, i have this problem. its not aligned.

sorry for the english but im italian. :)

IMG_1780.JPG

Is ISO REALLY FIXED same as in old celluloid days!!?? For Log gamma to work correctly you have to expose correctly, even overexpose a bit - therefore an all other cameras of all manufacturers Log works from camera-native ISO up to ANY HIGHER ISO.
I am more confused when I look at DJI graphs who state that best DR and SNR are at ISO100!!

Regarding Airport zone flying - as I regularly need to fly (approved, licensed) missions near airport infrastructure - is there a way to fly ATTI in NFZ same as with older DJI pro flight controllers?
Yes D-Log only is fixed to ISO 500...

Updated successfully this morning, had to update all three sets of batteries as well and both controllers. Took about an hour in total but no errors.

after the upgrade and imu e gimbal calibration, i have this problem. its not aligned.

sorry for the english but im italian. :)

View attachment 12507

Hello, yes I have the same problem with my I2 with the x5s Camera. I also noticed the the gimbal motors make a slight rattling sounds as the I2 boots up, the sound goes away after it's all up and running.

Hello, yes I have the same problem with my I2 with the x5s Camera. I also noticed the the gimbal motors make a slight rattling sounds as the I2 boots up, the sound goes away after it's all up and running.
Mine is straight, but makes a ton of noise, sounds like an old hard drive.

Mine is straight, but makes a ton of noise, sounds like an old hard drive.

It has to be firmware related, mine was fine before i updated yesterday. I do notice that my camera sometimes center's itself, ill be in the app looking at the settings and ill see the picture pan a bit one way or the other entering itself, but then it goes back to being slightly off centre. Yes the rattling noise does sound like an old hard drive, that sound on mine only lasts a few seconds, but it was not there before this FW update. Think DJI need to resolve a few of the problems they caused with this new firmware.

the dji suggests refresh the firmware from dji assistant 2. what do you think?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ontvlive