Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

Hello AF,

Some anti-social behavior tonight with the latest beta in Pano Mode. Flying an Inspire (and having success yesterday with previous version), I flew to a good altitude, engaged AF, 360 spherical pano, got an error message, something maybe "feature not available". When I disengaged AF I didn't have control of the AC. Switched to DJI Go, still no control. Finally I switched the switch from F to P and got control.

I took the AC to an open field I fly quite a bit for experimenting. Tried to do a pano but the program kept crashing, well, maybe not "crashing", it would go to the background every time I tried to engage. I can't, from memory, say the exact list of steps, but at one point when Pano mode seemed to engage, the AC started to fly away. I think I flipped the switch right away to get control again. I thought I was doing a screen record during all of this, but I'm not seeing it anywhere. Not familiar with that feature. After two batteries, my nerves were shot, I would make a poor test pilot, lol.
Please email the flight logs to [email protected]. Did you have upward gimbal tilt enabled in DJI GO?

Any word on what's happening with android? Last I saw it said a few months....that was May last year

Can autopilot save map of location you going to fly if yes how? Where I'm going to fly does not have any cell service to access internet to load map. My google map able to save the map location for offline use. Just wondering if this could do the same. Thanks

Ps I will be using iOS by the way

Any word on what's happening with android? Last I saw it said a few months....that was May last year
No release date is planned at this time, but it is still on our radar. What do you particularly like about Autopilot that other products that support Android don't offer?

Can autopilot save map of location you going to fly if yes how?
You need to open Autopilot and navigate to the area of interest on the map. Google will cache some of the tiles for some amount of time, but we have no control over how many tiles, or for how long.

No release date is planned at this time, but it is still on our radar. What do you particularly like about Autopilot that other products that support Android don't offer?

Can autopilot save map of location you going to fly if yes how?
You need to open Autopilot and navigate to the area of interest on the map. Google will cache some of the tiles for some amount of time, but we have no control over how many tiles, or for how long.

Happy to announce that the RTH issue is corrected in the latest firmware for the inspire.
To my surprise my Beta was not valid anymore. So I had to go back to the current version, which I have a payed license for.
I confess I hadn't installed the before-latest beta version. I had no possibility to test at that period.
Is it at all possible to enrol again?
I specifically wanted to try the pano's at certain waypoints. For now, this is a unique feature I have been waiting for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adidasCampusShoes