Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Autopilot Beta Test

You know we don't do public feature roadmaps (beyond what is in the beta) ;)

Always open to feature requests though!

Hi, I assume Autopilot will be compatible with the Mavic Pro in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that Autopilot can decode the video stream from the Z3, is there any way to control the zoom, either from the application or the left controller wheel? We're getting there... :)

I've been running the beta test version of autopilot with good success. I'm flying an Inspire with a Z3 camera on the latest firmware. One weird behavior...

If I run a waypoint mission in Joystick mode (so left joystick controls speed) and set focus mode to joystick also (so right joystick controls gimbal) it all works they way it should (really nice) except if I let it come to a stop and hover it spins slowly with the camera staying fixed until it reaches the gimbal yaw limit. The gimbal then unwinds suddenly and stays focused again as the Inspire continues to spin. If I push the left stick the Inspire stops spinning and proceeds with the flight.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Now that the beta has support for the Z3, any thoughts of adding zoom and focus controls to Camera Triggers... especially if you could interpolate zoom settings between triggers. That would be awesome!

Hey guys, I didn't want to start a new thread or have a chance to thoroughly read through this thread. Don't beat me up too bad if I've missed the info on here. I was attempting to use the z3 and autopilot, is there a projection on when it will be publicly updated to decode the z3? At first i thought i was having major issues, tested it on all my inspires and almost freaked out because jobs tomorrow, then i put on the x5 again and saw things working lol. I think my hairs were starting to grey thinking i was SOL! Love me some autopilot, mainly for the FOCUS feature using POI. My footage would never be as good without autopilot :)

How's the Beta doing? If it's stable i'm curious if I can try out the beta version too.

awww I hope they do soon... love my autopilot :(
Mavic support is coming soon...along with some other very exciting news.

is there a projection on when it will be publicly updated to decode the z3?
We don't really do release dates. Rather, we go for "it will be released when it is tested".

How's the Beta doing? If it's stable i'm curious if I can try out the beta version too.
As stated many times, we treat all of our betas like release candidates, which is as stable as it gets. The Z3 is supported in the beta currently.

Does anyone work with the autofocus and the zoom with the X5 and Autopilot?
I have it now is not figured out how to work.
For me this works in the DJI GO app but with Autopilot not.

Can someone show me how the IPad looks?

Does anyone know if Autopilot includes an automatic cinematographer's "Spinner mode" and how it works? My manual spinning and yawing isn't so good or smooth, and after the third attempt my battery is shot.

I.e. "Spinner" is a common movie shot where the camera is overhead looking down and scene spins slowly while looking the subject.

I use to be able to create a manual one in waypoint mode with two waypoints together, changing the aircraft direction and height between waypoints. But it seems the aircraft direction / use adjustment feature is no longer an option for individual waypoints. Even my old flight plans no longer show it :(

Quick question: do I need to change aircraft type for using the beta with the Mavic? If so, where in the settings do I change it? Thanks.

Does anyone work with the autofocus and the zoom with the X5 and Autopilot?
Focus is supported by long-pressing the video preview screen in the Flight Dashboard. If you are using the beta, there is a known issue in the DJI SDK that prevents the detection of aircraft types with auto-focusable lenses, so it currently does not work. DJI is aware of the issue and working on a fix asap. Zoom is not currently supported in Autopilot.

Ya I bought Autopilot before I found out it doesn't work with the z3 Hope it happens soon.
The Z3 is already supported in the beta.

I.e. "Spinner" is a common movie shot where the camera is overhead looking down and scene spins slowly while looking the subject.
You should take a look at the options in Cruise Mode to accomplish this.

I use to be able to create a manual one in waypoint mode with two waypoints together, changing the aircraft direction and height between waypoints. But it seems the aircraft direction / use adjustment feature is no longer an option for individual waypoints. Even my old flight plans no longer show it :(
Can you be more specific about which feature you think was removed?

Quick question: do I need to change aircraft type for using the beta with the Mavic? If so, where in the settings do I change it? Thanks.
Aircraft types have been automatically detected since v3.0 of Autopilot.

Casey53 said:

You should take a look at the options in Cruise Mode to accomplish this.

Sorry, but I don't see it ("Spinner" mode?) under Cruise in your online Flight School and Cruise mode. All I see is a manual method with the sticks (Ugh!) or a percent, and neither seem to be an automation control for yawing the aircraft about a point with movie mode running.

Examples would be to automate a 720 degree counter-clockwise or clockwise yaw (or spin) as well as the speed of the yaw rotation. Maybe add a hover or altitude change while doing it?

As mentioned prior, my manual control is not so good, nor is it smooth (Jerky is more like it!), or repeatable especially with up-down movement added in, so I just kill off batteries trying to smooth it out which would be best done automatically - if Autopilot could do that automatically with some hover, spinning panorama looking downward in movie mode, focus point marker, etc.

Does anyone know if Litchi provides such a cinematographer's "spinner" mode? Tired of re-takes and jerky rotations. My batteries would thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristiFar