Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Beware remote firmware update.

Still no success with the slave remote. On the Aircraft Status screen the Overall Status is blank. The LED is blue. Any more advice please?

The slave doesn't give me the option to downgrade. In the 'Remote Controller Settings' screen I have only Gimbal Speed, Stick Mode & Button Customisation.
leave controller on and go into app and hold the graduation cap and then a screen will come up to downgrade firmware.
Downgrade the Firmware... Let me know if it works...

Have you tried the tab "Linking Remote Controller" in the Go App and pressing the link button on the inspire?
Not sure where to find 'Linking Remote Controller'. I have downgraded the master back to the previous firmware then upgraded both again, mater then slave. My slave is now indicating that it is the slave and the Master RC number is displaying in the Master RC List, so I seem to be making some progress. The LED was green when the upgrade ended but turned to cyan when I switched off & restarted. It would appear that the master/slave issue is resolved but I'm no further on linking the gimbal & camera to the slave controller.

Reactions: SanCap
O
Not sure where to find 'Linking Remote Controller'. I have downgraded the master back to the previous firmware then upgraded both again, mater then slave. My slave is now indicating that it is the slave and the Master RC number is displaying in the Master RC List, so I seem to be making some progress. The LED was green when the upgrade ended but turned to cyan when I switched off & restarted. It would appear that the master/slave issue is resolved but I'm no further on linking the gimbal & camera to the slave controller.
Ok almost there now power everything off then power on and on slave go into remote icon and hit the request control button that was the last thing I did

As a matter of interest, the DJI techie advised me to try the upgrades with an Apple rather than the Android. I connected the apple but the 'Equipment' screen displayed only the Phantom series although we'd only ever used it with the Inspire 1. Absolutely baffling and so frustrating.
I had an email from DJI an hour or so ago informing me that Lightbridge 2 firmware updates a available. Would there be any connection?

I used this video,

I too have been having trouble and ended up using an iPhone instead of my Samsung and all worked good except when I turned the slave on it didn't connect again. Luckily after master password was entered its all updated and back to normal with my Samsung's working again.

Yes did on both... Just figured it out , had to downgrade both to previous version. Then, update the rc firmware on Master FIRST!!! Then Do slave SECOND. I just performed this and am happy to say IT WORKED!! I now am updated app on both slave and master RC without any issues and full gimbal control. Hope this helps others... Thanks
Well, I've made some progress at last. I took Neil's advice and downgraded then reloaded with the master first. I still had no video signal or gimbal control on the slave. Next I hooked up to DJI chat again and watched DJI's tutorial for binding the RCs which involves entering the password for the master on the remote RC; so far so good. Calibrated the IMU with the aircraft powered up and then calibrated the sticks with the aircraft off. Finished up with a flashing red LED and an incessant beeping which started again every time I powered off and on. The firmware on the remote had changed from 1.7.40 to 1.1.5.
Back to DJI and a forced update. Hold C1, C2, the record button on the left and push in the roller button on the right. Without letting go, power off then on again. Success; back to the blue light and no beeping. I was then able to update to 1.60 then 1.7.40 and all the data on the 'About; screen now corresponds on both remotes.
Nearly across the finishing line now. I was on the helpline for 2 hours and the remotes and devices were getting tired so I shut down. At this stage I had full video transmission to both RCs. I can control the camera with finger on screen but not the slave sticks but at least I'm back in business with some control of the camera.

I hope this helps some of you folks as you've helped me. The case continues........

This release has been a bit of a mess,

The trick is with a slave it change to master mode before updating.

You also need to change the stick mode to something else after updating then reboot and change back to mode 2 ect.

I hope you get it sorted, many have stated as has been posted if you can't connect to the controller with your current device just keep trying other ones until one does allow you to downgrade.

Reactions: Neil sulish
Has anyone noticed a "no signal" issue on the video preview after the new upgrade? I mean at close distances.

Slave sticks not working after 1.7.40 controller update? Sorted !

Bought my Inspire in April 2015 and I've never had any problems with updates.......until now.

I set about updating the Go app on my ipads (to discover that it changed again today to v2.8.6) and doing the 1.7.40 update to my controllers. All okay with the master but then hit problems trying to get the slave updated - it didn't want to know and decided that it didn't want to connect to the master or aircraft either. Basically I experienced the same as @thecampilot.

Essentially I worked through the advice given in the threads above. After downgrading the RC firmware, manually binding/linking both controllers to the aircraft, reloading GO and then updating the firmware again, I managed to have everything working apart from the slave controller sticks not operating the gimbal. I could control the gimbal using the slave screen but the sticks did nothing. I played around with the settings, requested control (already had it according to the message) and switched everything on and off a few times but no change.

FINALLY, because it was about the only thing I hadn't tried, I did a gimbal auto calibration through GO on the slave and that sorted it. All now working as it should.

I'll let the bird cool down overnight, sleep soundly and do an IMU calibration in the morning.

Reactions: southerndoug
Slave sticks not working after 1.7.40 controller update? Sorted !

Bought my Inspire in April 2015 and I've never had any problems with updates.......until now.

I set about updating the Go app on my ipads (to discover that it changed again today to v2.8.6) and doing the 1.7.40 update to my controllers. All okay with the master but then hit problems trying to get the slave updated - it didn't want to know and decided that it didn't want to connect to the master or aircraft either. Basically I experienced the same as @thecampilot.

Essentially I worked through the advice given in the threads above. After downgrading the RC firmware, manually binding/linking both controllers to the aircraft, reloading GO and then updating the firmware again, I managed to have everything working apart from the slave controller sticks not operating the gimbal. I could control the gimbal using the slave screen but the sticks did nothing. I played around with the settings, requested control (already had it according to the message) and switched everything on and off a few times but no change.

FINALLY, because it was about the only thing I hadn't tried, I did a gimbal auto calibration through GO on the slave and that sorted it. All now working as it should.

I'll let the bird cool down overnight, sleep soundly and do an IMU calibration in the morning.
Simon,

Thank you for this. Although I had to repeat the calibration several times I finally got the sticks working. I've been struggling with this for a week now, since I updated the firmware and it's no joke putting potential clients off. My camera operator found it very difficult to control the gimbal with any accuracy using the touch screen method. My thanks to you and everyone else for their advice.

I solved this issue this morning in 15 minutes.

My Master was already upgraded with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.
I use my Samsung Galaxy S5 cell on my slave . I uninstalled my DJI Go app on my S5, waited 2 minutes then re-installed the GO APP via the Google app store.

I then turn on the Slave Transmitter only ans the the S5.
The update required message was there. I did the update which took about 4 minutes. Shut off the Slave and S5. Re-started both and got the red led with the error and beeping. I shut bothe down again. Restarted wih out the error. Shur down both again.

I then turned the Master on then the Tablet then the Inspire. After confirming Master and Inspire operating normally I turned on the Slave and the S5. I had a picture on the S5 but no control of camera. I had to reset the Slave as "Slave".

Remembering that the Controllers return to default I reset my Slave under the "Custom" settings that I prefer for my Slave. I then did the search for Master and put in the master name and pass code.

The final thing if I recall correctly was to request control from the Master from the Slave.

It appears everything is working as normal but I have not taken a flight yet.

I will tomorrow. 8/8

This update was scarey as it updated the controller right to being not programmed ,so you have to start from scratch and tell the inspire which controller is master and which is slave
took me a long time and I was almost ready to pack in the slave as it would not pick up the inspire signal.
in the end don't really know what I pushed but I told the master there was a slave and gave it permission to control the camera and then programmed the slave to do the yaw and pitch
very nerve racking and I am now flying with dual remotes.
The update on the remotes did warn that the remotes needed to be reset, the master defaults to most acceptable settings like distance and height which I changed after a flight but the slave was another story it almost unlinked for the inspire 1 and maybe it did .
Everything is ok now but I get an alarm which I have to tick off I agree points as it says I am flying near a dirt airstrip and its where I I always have flown ( a right of way )
Not a big deal as I have to take responsibility for my flight
The only change I see is the camera roll left ---right
"The final thing if I recall correctly was to request control from the Master from the Slave" ..this was the final thing.

I have tried all of the above. Master upgraded just fine however, slave controller didn't upgrade and won't connect to AC. Suggestions please.

Hi Guys,
I too have experienced this problem. The aircraft was updated to 1.9.1.30 and both controllers to 1.7.40 but I got the sticks issue on the remote controller described in this thread. I downgraded both controllers to version 1.6 and everything is fine, full stick control.I haven't flown yet but is controller version 1.6 compatible with 1.9.1.30 or do I also need to downgrade the firmware?
Thanks Guys

I upgraded the aircraft firmware to 1.9.1.30 on July 17th and flew with RC version 1.6 no trouble. My problems began when I upgraded the RCs 12 days later. I would stick with what you've got until you have firm confirmation that this issue has been resolved.

This is doing my head in...
Same deal as above, with the upgrade to 1.9.1.30 being the most problematic I have experienced since purchase March 2015. I upgraded my I1 with X3 and I1 RAW to the new firmware, and both controllers to 1.7.40. The AC upgrade reported as "failed, try again", but when I tried again, it did nothing, and the GO app reported the correct (i.e. new) firmware version. This happened on both AC upgrades, which I thought was both weird and scary. I did the briefest of test flights, and both AC flew fine. I did longer flights with each AC, again no problems. I concluded all was OK.
Today I went to demonstrate dual operator control to a prospective client, and got no joy from my slave controller. The slave managed to control exposure and take photos and start/stop video, but no gimbal control on both AC. I requested control, and got a "gimbal control request timeout" error every time.
I have downgraded one AC (I1) to 1.6.0, but now my slave just makes an error tone several seconds after start up, and cannot even find a master when I get it to search for one. The Master connects with the AC and starts motors etc, but I have not flown it in this state.
Any thoughts from those who have been through this? Maybe I did things in the wrong order, have missed a step, am not holding my tongue the right way...??
Software.... sheesh...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter